View Full Version : Fishing reports, cape!!!

Fisherwoman
06-12-2001, 11:26 AM
Hello all, just wanted to give you a few updates on some fishies. Have been fishing the cape for the last several days, still getting into a few blues at cotuit, poppy and south cape, but smaller fish around 5-6 lbs and sporadic. Still picking up stripers in some of our haunts south side of cape, with fish up to 27 1/2 inches with little snapper blues mixed in, and finally some good top water action. Got too see some huge schools of fish in Chatham the other day, alot of bass and blues have moved into this area and some very good size fish too boot. Only hooked up into a couple as there were alot of boats around and kept putting the schools back into the channel or putting the schools down.

Locally has been slow with more fish coming on the incoming tides than the usual outgoing, its been a strange begin to the boston area. Heard rumors of a large 2 acre size school of big blues moving in just outside the harbor, feeding on whatever mackerel that remained, but don't know if they are still around or not.

Sorry we missed the 1st leg of the tounrey, sounds like you all had a great time, wish we could have made it, hopefully the next leg!!!!

Doing both some local and cape fishing in the next several days, will post what is going on as I get a chance.

JohnR, was fishing the inside of Chatham, and all I can say is YOU BLEW IT!!!!! LMAO

GS, hows the boat fishing going, we hear things are pretty hot down your way, want to try and hook up with ya soon.

JohnR
06-12-2001, 12:01 PM
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

To walk for no fish (well, at least it wasn't the LONG Chatham walk) and then to find out they were on the other side!!!! LMAO and crying at the same time. My cell phone craupped out, otherwise I would have called you for a report...

Have fun out there you two... ;D

Fisherwoman
06-13-2001, 09:38 AM
Just bustin on ya JohnR, we hit the inside, saw alot of big rolling and busting fish, but just couldn't reach them, Plus my 2 buddy's that went with me got to the house about an hour late, not a good thing when you are trying to get there early!! Then when the fish finally started to come in, the boats just spooked them right out. Got to love those weekend worriers (sp?) on the water who don't have a clue!!!