View Full Version : anyone get any test casting in this past weekend

DRUMCORPFAN
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
went out in my back yard saturday for some casting, great day felt right at home with the first cast. put some garbage can lids out there and made spot casts at each one, man it felt real good.
casting batson patriot 1087 that i built this winter, what a nice blank i'm going to enjoy this rod. the spot casting was a joy with this rod, i had garbage can lids near and far and really got to know the rod. good warm up for the real thing, try some spot casts at some objects if your not near the water like me.

RIJIMMY
03-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I went in my yard Sat with my new conventional set up. What a blast. I can't wait to use it in the surf. I saw my neighbors drive by a few times, they must think I'm insane fishing in my yard.

DRUMCORPFAN
03-01-2004, 01:43 PM
looks even better when your pulling your plug hung up on a branch about 50' up :D :smash:

Nebe
03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
thats a good way to load up on grass shrimp:D

I'll take my schoolie pole out everyonce in a while and tie a fake bird on it and cast for my cats. The cats loose their minds over this and in some sort of mental madness I find myself varying my retrieves to enduce different strikes from my 'catfish'.... I think I need help:confused:

Christian
03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
eben i do the same thing. :D

i was castin off the pier the other day with the wind at my back but i still need to practice up for this season, no backlashes but i should be casting much farther.

fishin
03-01-2004, 07:11 PM
I wanted to test test mono vs braid- So i tested both using same reel and rod and mono by far outcasted the braid wasnt even close. using a penn 965 and a penn 550 spinner. Using same weight 1oz-- both reels using braid must hav casted 50yds further- i couldnt tell because mono would clear the tree tops and braid would land at about 125-150yds. I think mono is more slippere. know i dont know what to use I am a boat fisherman and wanted to prove to my self that barid was better but cant know. Ill keep testing next test is abraision test. Braid wins the not test tying a simple polmar knot the line snaps every time before the knot- mono using a improved clinch or clinch or polmar knots the knots break about 2-5% of the time. ill find the best for me but what is write for me might not be right for you

denis
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Yes saturday was great for back yard fishing,was testing a new fly line with Nel-65.