View Full Version : When is the cover comming off?

Mr. Sandman
03-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I am thinking maybe this weekend if the weather holds. I have got at a load of things I want to do this spring.

When do you plan on taking it off...

saltyric
03-02-2004, 10:29 AM
I had that same thought. Either this weekend or next, altough I am sure we are in for some more snow at some point.

Mr. Kav
03-02-2004, 10:47 AM
wow already talking about the cover coming off? i was down at the boat sunday but i am not taking the cover off for at least 4 weeks.

BigBo
03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
I had mine thrown back so I could get in and work on it already but retied it when I was done. Soon enough.;)

Goose
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
When the magnolia drops its pedals.

The tree is in my neighbors yard, it's beatiful tree but not worth the mess it make's and only stays in bloom for such a short time. Last year I pruned it heavily, took a full truck load of branch's and clippings away and didn't charge him anything. I was hopeing to keep the pedals and leaf's out my boat and yard, never happened. When the wind is right the boat gets its and the stains are hard to get out. This year the cover is stayin on.

saltyric
03-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Speaking of leaf stains, what is the recommended method of cleaning them up? Bleach?

03-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Well no cover on it as it's not delivered yet, but I plan to have it in the water by 4/10, possibly earlier if the weather holds. I need to complete the break-in on the motor.

Goose
03-02-2004, 11:23 AM
I used boat soaps sold at boat us but that isn't strong enough on the deck. Ajacks, liquid soap and a little bleach works better.

Mr. Sandman
03-02-2004, 11:23 AM
My problem is pine needles. They get everywhere. If I clean the boat...2 days later there area million pine needles. I can't wait to get it in the water and away from the trees.

03-02-2004, 11:25 AM
It's funny how it is much easier to keep the boat clean in a slip than at your home...:)

GBOUTDOORS
03-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I had the cover off this past weekend to do a little work and LOTS of dreaming:D I hope to be ready to go in two weeks but the cover will go on and off each time till April 1ST.

Ps Jane almost had me taking her out for a ride but the float is not in at the ramp in town yet.

Van
03-02-2004, 02:08 PM
APRIL 1st........

In the dead of winter, I keep her at my friend's house which is about 30 miles away. (I have no driveway or yard)
Then to my mom's house 2 miles away, thats where I will do the spring work and get her ready for the slip, (hopefully early May)but when the weather is bad mom needs the garage for her car and the boat will block it.

So I have to wait til I'm sure we are out of the bad weather.

Please be an early spring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) :D

BigBo
03-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Boats and trees don't get along well together. Bad mix.

Use Greased Lightning on the deck. Works like a charm.;)

Mr. Sandman
03-02-2004, 03:53 PM
http://www.whoi.edu/mvco/description/BotWatTempE.html

34.5 deg and rising....:happy:

Vectorfisher
03-02-2004, 04:33 PM
My cover comes off next week as it is going in for a few gel-coat touch ups, have already been working on it and when it comes back I just need to drop my house battery in, remount ship to shore and throw my crap back in it and were off, hope to get out and catch some cod fish.:cool:

Raider Ronnie
03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Whats a cover? :p ::p :p Love my pilot house
Hoping to get out this coming weekend:btu: :btu:
hopfully the weather is going to hold up and I can find out where the Cod have disappeared to!!!

CowHunter
03-02-2004, 08:37 PM
My cover came off today..Will start fishing within the next two-three weeks when the bunker show up...Our bay temps already over 40...Can't wait!

angler management
03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
As soon as it stops FREEEEZZZZZING

I have one of those portable garage things over it. I have been climbing in and dreaming of the first day out.

I can not wait to take the tarp down.
It has to be disassembled to get the boat out.

Maybe 2 more weekends and it should be good.
and then I will keep a blue tarp over it untill all the freezing is done.

Bob Senior
03-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Mine's at the dealership having some recall stuff done on the motor. I'll drag it home tomorrow and plan to be in the water next week if we get just a little warmth. I hope it doesn't snow--I want to wax it this weekend.

179--I can't wait to see that new Scout. (I know you can't wait to see it, too)

Mr. Sandman
03-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BARNSTABLE MA-BLOCK ISLAND RI-BRISTOL RI-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX COUNTY MA- DUKES MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA- EASTERN KENT RI-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-HARTFORD CT- NANTUCKET MA-NEWPORT RI-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA- NORTHWEST MIDDLESEX COUNTY MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI- SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA- SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-SUFFOLK MA-TOLLAND CT- WASHINGTON RI-WESTERN ESSEX MA-WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-WESTERN KENT RI- WESTERN NORFOLK MA-WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-WINDHAM CT- 618 AM EST TUE MAR 9 2004
AN EAST COAST WINTER STORM IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE WEDNESDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEASTERN NEW ENGLAND.

SNOW OR... RAIN CHANGING TO SNOW... WILL BEGIN LATE IN THE AFTERNOON OR EVENING WEDNESDAY AND THEN TURN INTO A STORMY NIGHT ACROSS COASTAL SOUTHEAST NEW ENGLAND. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES OVER THE CAPE AND ISLANDS AND A PERIOD OF HEAVY PRECIPITATION MAY SPREAD INLAND ACROSS CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS AND NORTHERN CONNECTICUT BY DAWN THURSDAY.

THE NOREASTER WILL BE DEPARTING DURING EARLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

TEMPERATURES WILL BE MODERATING DURING THE APPROACH AND PASSAGE OF THIS STRONG GALE. THIS... IN ADDITION TO TRACK AND INTENSITY UNCERTAINTY... OPENS THE DOOR FOR A VARIETY OF PRECIPITATION SCENARIOS.

HOWEVER... IT WILL NOT TAKE MUCH SNOW TO DISRUPT TRAVEL PLANS LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND ESPECIALLY FOR THE THURSDAY MORNING COMMUTE.

CURRENTLY THE BEST ESTIMATE FOR HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS ALONG THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR... FROM WESTERLY TO PROVIDENCE AND BOSTON... BUT EVEN THERE... THERE COULD BE A MIX OF RAIN AT TIMES AFFECTING ACCUMULATIONS.

SEAS AND STORM SURGE WILL BUILD RAPIDLY ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS EARLY THURSDAY WITH 15 TO 20 FEET SWELLS ACROSS THE OUTER WATERS AND A POSSIBILITY OF COASTAL FLOODING... ESPECIALLY FROM NANTUCKET TO CHATHAM... ON THE OCEAN SIDE OF THE OUTER CAPE. THIS IS A POTENT SITUATION FOR A SUBSTANTIAL SNOW STORM IN PARTS OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND... BUT... WITH MARGINAL TEMPERATURES AND TRACK UNCERTAINTY....

...Glad the cover is still on. :rolleyes:

Van
03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I didn't put the skis away yet, I,'m going Friday, hope the north country gets dumped on.

Boat can wait til april.

Bigcat
03-09-2004, 02:19 PM
I had the cover off Sunday got the hull waxed and a few things loaded in.
All I have left to do is burn off the fogging and change the fuel filter and plugs.
The ice is all gone from Monument Beach,but the cover is back on for a few more days :(

Mr. Sandman
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
The ski's go away this weekend...I am done eith that and the boating stuff begins to emerge. I probably will not have the boat in the water till early may but I need a couple months to fiddle around.

wjm
03-17-2004, 02:05 PM
A little too soon I think...:(

saltyric
03-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Awesome. Great pic. I was gonna uncover last weekend, but bailed at the last minute.

Mr. Sandman
03-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I pulled part of the cover off got in to assess what needs to be done...but put it back once I saw the forecast...Hey SPRING comes officially this saturday.

Raider Ronnie
03-18-2004, 08:06 AM
On the bad side, I shoveled 8 inches out of my boat yesterday!
On the good side, my 3 plow trucks got 15 hrs of work each, for the 1st time on 2 months!:D :( Ron

wjm
03-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Raider,

I got another 6" last night. Want to send a truck my way?

UserRemoved1
03-18-2004, 10:29 AM
I know SOMEONE who took their cover off last weekend...and proceeded to call me up and bust my balls with his outboard revving in the backround.....WHOOOOOOOOO'S laughin NOOOOOOW :D

Bigcat
03-18-2004, 11:23 AM
:bgi: