View Full Version : Cod

misterb
03-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Has anyone gone out recently or planning to go out in the near future?

Any success?

I'm wondering where the fish hold at this time of year (50'/80'/100'+)??

Also, are haddock in closer or are they still out past the Bank?

I hung it up on Thanksgiving and have had my boat in storage since :(

....at least I caught my limit!

Thanks.

JohnB
03-05-2004, 02:32 PM
I know of some charter trips cancelled because there isn't much for fish around. One boat out of Boston caught only 3 shorts in a 10hr trip last WE. I know of about 10 pinhookers including myself that did not do squat the same days. We covered just about the whole bank out east to 300'. I did hear a report of one boat getting into good fish. Wherever they were is probably the only school around. Nothing is in tight. I would wait if I were you.

JB

thefishingfreak
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
we were out on feb 29'th. wasted half the day looking for fish.nothing at all arround boston ledges,the shipwrecks in the dump, the b-bouy etc.. nothing zip zero zilch. finaly went out to the glouster dump arround 220' and found a small school of huge fish.we got about ten out of the school. the biggest was 35#. boat next to us got a 55# but the fish were so tight if you were 20 feet off, you got nothing.in about an hour the school was fished out and we went home.
lots of looking for fish and not much fishing.
the fat one had a 18" whiting, an 8"flounder and two more small fish in it's gut, so no sand eels yet.
mike.

scoobe
03-06-2004, 06:25 AM
I'll second the reports of limited fish coming out off of Gloucester.

Hooper
03-06-2004, 10:24 AM
The cod guys in Chatham and Harwich are having a rough year from what I have been hearing. Great South Channel area is quiet quiet.

macojoe
03-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Yep thats what I have been hearing about Chatam to!!

But there is a big recovery going on, didn't you hear.:confused:

Canalratt1
03-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Inshore has been dead the bank better some days other days dead too. When the water temps come up a few all hell will break loose.

angler management
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Anyone fish around NH for Cod?

I wanted to get the boat out and start with Cod, maybe flounder?

Wondering how far I would have to go.