View Full Version : How Is The RISSA Show?

BigFish
03-06-2004, 02:45 PM
I was gonna go yesterday....couldn't make it!:( How was it??? Lots of good stuff? Give me the lowdown, I gots to know!:btu:

You must all be there today because it is awful quiet here!:sleeps:

goosefish
03-06-2004, 03:45 PM
BigFish--I went through the doors on Friday, along with many many other guys. I had a good time, and spent some money on rubber and plugs. I've got a sizable jones now to get out and do some casting.

tlapinski
03-06-2004, 04:45 PM
i just got back from it. i guess it was ok, better than the others i have been to. man was it pasked today! i ran into a bunch of guys from here. it beats a day staring at the TV.

TheRattBoy
03-06-2004, 05:02 PM
If you got there when the doors opened you got the plugs you wanted.Overall, i'd say it's one of the best shows i've ever been too, could've had more plugs, but there was plenty of room walking around and it was definately worth the trip:) :) johnny "tRB"

bloocrab
03-06-2004, 06:52 PM
You have to be careful with shows like this...they're a good place to find stuff you normally wouldn't find, BUT...don't go there expecting a super deal. Most of the stuff I found had the normal $$ tag on it...if not HIGHER :eek: :rolleyes:

I think shows like this are geared more towards the guy who's money is burning a hole in his pocket...., they catch you when your most vulnerable <<winter>>...I seen one dealer with Yozuri's $3's higher than the average shop....(who's he targeting??.....NOT ME!!)...

...found some new Jerky - ( :) thanks Habs-)...stuff was decent, doesn't come close to the hell the other stuff put us thru though....not that it's a bad thing though.

...I also saw some of Crafty's stuff.....nicely put together I might add. He snuck up on me while I was lost in one of them. It's a picture from the past which had me in a trance, as stories flooded my mind about how fishing must have been back in those days....Chuck, check your PMs.

....Also spoke with the Tattoo'ed freak for a bit - - something about beer or drinking or both???.....speaking of drinking.....:D...time to go

Mr. Sandman
03-06-2004, 07:07 PM
One question...was Habs selling elites?

mikecc
03-06-2004, 07:16 PM
was Habs selling elites?

No but he had them on display

Mr. Sandman
03-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Awe s**t...I may blow it off now.

TheRattBoy
03-06-2004, 07:26 PM
I thought his "elites" were only going to be sold online???

cheferson
03-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Available only online.

missing link
03-06-2004, 08:23 PM
some one say elites?

rob-s
03-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by missing link
some one say elites?
so how dose a goog get to be an elite :(:(

RIJIMMY
03-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I enjoyed it and spent some cash.
Bloo, plugs were not cheap, but it was sort of like Home Depot, everyting in one place. It saved me the time of running around or paying the shipping from the internet. I bought some of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s needles and a few of RI Popper's plugs. I also got some of the blurple bombers for SWE.I've been wanting those for awhile.
I only attended the flyfishing the cinder worm hatch seminar. The seminar answered alot of my questions I got to meet a few more S-B guys including Drumcorpfan, Saltyb, Ripopper and Joe Lyons from Surfcasting RI.
It took me about 2.5 hours to browse and shop. I'm definatlely chomoping at the bit to get in the surf.

InshoreAngler
03-06-2004, 10:37 PM
awesome. just got back.
gonna be there tomorrow volunteering
hope to see some of u

Notaro
03-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Larry, I went there. I had a good time. However, I missed some of their important seminar. I bought some stuffs there.

Tattoo and Joe, I forgot to introduce myself at RISSA last Friday. I'm not much a garrulous individual when meeting a stranger or celebrity. If you were wondering about who was that dude wearing a pair of hearing aids loitering and shopping at your booth a few times...that was me. I don't think you guys recognized me.

denis
03-07-2004, 12:13 PM
All in all I thought it was a good show,found some good deals and stayed away from those hight price guyes.Much like the MSBA
it was mostly saltwater stuff which made it stand out from the other shows.

The Dad Fisherman
03-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I went yesterday with my son and enjoyed it. Picked up a couple of plugs and a surf bag. got the boy a couple of lures also. I was hoping it was going to be a little bigger but all in all it was a good take.

love_2_fish
03-08-2004, 08:29 AM
I went on Saturday and thought it was an excellent show. I picked up several plugs and miscellaneous gear. The only thing that topped it was the show over at the Foxy Lady later in the afternoon.

Who won the Trophy CC?

Mr. Sandman
03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Made the trek on Sunday...Enjoyed the show and I came home with a bag full of goodies...also met a lot of guys in the know. The new aquaskinz stuff is awesome. I am getting that small plug bag and the new evo2 this season no question. The finish on the Hab elites looks like a plastic plug it is so smooth. That is some great stuff he has there. Salty's display and array of good stuff was very professional. I see we have an AVET dealer in New England now!....I could not resist I had to try one of these reels I bought the new baby reel (checkit out:))...will put in it on custom fluke rod for a trial run before I go for the larger gear. Got a lot of questions answered about shimano reels (thanks to bucko) and spoke to the guy who tied those nice fluke rigs. (My son was comparing them to the ones we have been tying last night) It was the first time I saw a "rogue rod"...Pretty darn nice...looks like a must try. Stopped by a flyfishing siminar...(My wife wants me to flyfish more with her.... :rolleyes: ) On the way home swung by a couple shops to see whats happening. Pretty much was a full day of fishing tackle exploration, great way to spend a sunday in march...got home in time for dinner :)

chris L
03-08-2004, 12:00 PM
sandman
I was hanging out at habs booth (Capt Dons ) and he demonstrated for a guy how his paint performs on rough handling . John beat that 3 oz needle against the floor until it split ( took quite a few smacks ) in half . No paint chipped even up the split . there were even a couple of dents with no paint chipped or cracked .