View Full Version : New dog

cheferson
03-06-2004, 10:20 PM
I got the new dog this past week. I got him at the potter shelter in middletown. If anyone here is looking for a dog or cat i suggest you go here. The people there are great, very nice shelter. They have trainers that work with the dog before adoption, and also offer free obedience classes for the dogs life. Great deal. The dog i got is a 5 year old mixed sheperd, his name is shep. Hes a great dog, very well behaved, no behavior problems either. Hes just skin and bones though, gotta put him on my 10lb squirrel diet.

Nebe
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
shep looked like a keeper to me.. When I was young my folks adopted a beagel/dobermin mix puppy (strange combo!) that dog was the best friend I ever had:(

Slingah
03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
:bc: youz guys are killin me
why u put sad face Eben...he run away?
I had a beagle that ran away:bc:

cheferson
03-07-2004, 12:10 AM
My best friend back in the day had the chillest beagle named lucky. Yep he got smeared accross west main road.:eek5: My parents got a fat beagle too.

cheferson
03-07-2004, 12:11 AM
What the heck does a beagle/doberman look like anyway? Any pix?

fishaholic18
03-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Good luck with the dog Chef. We should start a thread of our dog pics.

Squid kids Dad
03-07-2004, 02:53 AM
We just adopted a dog..Golden retriever named Brady...Yup after Tom Brady..Q-B for the Pats...Seems like a very good dog...He is really growing on me,,:D

stripersnipr
03-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Did they have any puppies?

cheferson
03-07-2004, 11:39 AM
My new dog has blood in his stool. Anyone know a really good vet who might throw me a deal?

RickBomba
03-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Vets never throw you a deal, they're like dentists.
That's why this stupid cat who won't leave me alone right now hasn't been to the vet in two years...Supposedly the ex-wife should've had her five months ago.
Stoppit Kitty!!!
Why do I get the feeling that she'll be mine forever??!!!:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Mad Rick
PS- I'd love to get a dog, but as long as I've got this stupid feline, my hands are tied.
Later,
Rick

Raven
03-07-2004, 08:06 PM
where dogs have swallowed whole steak knives because they smelled like meat and still have them in their stomachs irritating the heck out of them. Also i saw a dog that had been hit by a car and looked perfectly normal except it was skinny as hell. As it turned out the impact of colliding with car knocked all its inards up past its diaphram where they are NOT supposed to be and made it impossible for it to eat anymore. Post operation the dog is now FAT and real healthy. So my point is consider the bizarre and unusual when doing a diagnosis.

RIROCKHOUND
03-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Chef.. WMain Rd... where did you grow up, Middletown, Portsmouth...?

cheferson
03-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I grew up in portsmouth. Huge largemouths , right down from where the dog got smeared

cheferson
03-08-2004, 11:44 AM
I grew up from mccorrie point. No one on this site is a practicing vet?

Nebe
03-08-2004, 12:51 PM
yep beagl/dobermin..... the sweetest little thing in the world. imagine a nice little beagle body but with black fur and golden eyebrows and chest. as she got older she started loosing her hearing and walked out in front of a car on 3rd street in newport. Her name was Nelly. She never barked, jumped on people, just wagged her tail and would nudge her nose into your ankles. WHen we would go out to cuttyhunk she would chase dear all day and roll in dead seagulls...

Chef the vet on route 1 between the firetower and the new movie theater is great ... This is comming from someone who has been there for the past 3 days dealing with a dying cat.. double:(

RIROCKHOUND
03-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Cool, graduate PHS? I was MHS '97...
An older fellow I works with lives off Mccorrie lane...

cheferson
03-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Ya gradamatated in "97 from portsmouth. i hated that damn town,, police there are gastapos! Nothing better to do then ticket speeders and harrass minors. My good friend had a senior skip day kegger, and the cops got wind of it. My friend had to go to the aci on weekend for like 6 months. The cops brought a school bus and loaded all the kids up and took them to the police station garage until their parents came.

chris L
03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
eben thats too bad pussies are great pets !

macojoe
03-08-2004, 11:19 PM
I have a cat that I got 4 years ago from the Brewster MSPC and he is great!! Mr. Biggles is the name!!
They to have a great shealter!! The cat came nutered, micro chiped, wormed and all shots with a free Rabies shot, and free AKC reg incase he ever gets lost they can scan him and no who he belongs to.

He loves his daddy to!!

Slingah
03-08-2004, 11:51 PM
stop it:bc:

Crafty Angler
03-09-2004, 12:22 AM
I've had goldens for 30 years - here's an old Kodachrome of the boys at Third Beach, circa 1991 I think.

Muff (Lochan Ora English Muffin - hey, I didn't name him, he was a gift from my dad) is the happy old guy who lived to be 17 - the Little Big Man of goldens. Dewey (Newport's Admiral Dewey) is the 5 or 6 month old, who only lived to be only 9 years, lost him to an aneurism after surgery. He was pretty special but I gotta tell ya, they all were.

Iwannakeeper
03-09-2004, 11:55 AM
I adopt 3 dogs this fall.

A little "Pembroke Welsh Corgi"
A medium little mutt
A huge Saint Bernard

All 3 were rescues. The little mutt from the "Boston Animal Rescue League in Boston. The other 2 I got through A2Z rescue on the web - they are based off the cape.

I will attach all 3 - here is my pride and Joy - Sampson

Iwannakeeper
03-09-2004, 11:57 AM
the insane little female mutt - annie

Iwannakeeper
03-09-2004, 11:58 AM
and my little boy - TANK

Iwannakeeper
03-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Sorry if I over did it...I just love my dogs

cheferson
03-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Adoption is definetly the way to go. I found a good vet out in portsmouth, taking him there today. I hope its nothing major, as im beroke as h-ll!

"uffah!!"
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Say hello to Jezz-a-bel !!

redlite
03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Crafty,
Beautiful pic of those dogs.
We had the anti-Irish Setter growing up. She was fat, lazy, and never barked. Oppisite of their normal over hyper bread.
The woman and I have already decided on a golden, just gotta find a place to live that lets us have pets.

I wannakeeper......3 dogs!!!!! Man, that's a handful.

chris L
03-09-2004, 04:49 PM
all pet owners

have you ever thought about what your pet was licking before it licked your face ?

missing link
03-09-2004, 09:29 PM
rocky (bassethound).. saved him from a 5 foot rope and being out side in the cold... have had him for 6 years now, hes 8 the 15th of this month.

missing link
03-09-2004, 09:30 PM
and the cat - VINNY

cheferson
03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Dog doesnt lick my face.:yak4: :yak4: :yak6:

Bawana
03-10-2004, 11:48 AM
I bought a couple of American Stafforshires from a guy down in South Carolina last year.They are the strangest personalitied dogs I have ever had.Not visious just completly different from each other.One had blood in his stool and it was from worms.one had to be de-wormed three times and one four.also got puppy mites from there systems being weak from worms so wound up spending about 2 grand on vet bills.Now both healthy and love to eat.In fact they are almost done eating the back porch off the house.