View Full Version : question for ya'll

gdurham75
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
just a quick ? for all you "salty doggs" im soon to be married, and am going to long island for my honey moon. only thing i asked the future warden for was one day to go fishing. she agrees so far...so we're lookin good. was wondering if anyone knew of a charter out towards the "north fork" of L.I. NY any help would be greatly apprecaited! oh yeah...we are going the week of may 24th thanks again!

Homerun04
03-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Don't know of anything particular, but give Preston's a call in Greenport.....they should know....good luck in fishing and marriage.

Homerun04
03-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Or go to this link for charters out of Greenport....
http://www.greenport.us/Greenport_Fishing.cfm

Striperhound
03-11-2004, 07:49 AM
shoot me an email and I will give you the low down on Long Island. I know the area very well lived there for many years. Do you want to surf fish, boat? My work email is warren.kolodziejski@erac.com

spence
03-11-2004, 08:48 AM
If there is any way we can talk you out of this wedding thing, please...think about what you're doing :smash: :D

-spence

fishweewee
03-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Captain Bob Rocchetta and Captain Richie Jensen are your best bets out on the North Fork.

I've personally fished with Captain Bob (remember he is the #2 IGFA All-tackle striped-bass world record holder) numerous times and I've heard nothing but good things about Richie Jensen (if you can book him).

Bob has a schweet boat. He goes by Rainbow Charters.

In my opinion Bob is one of the THE best striper captains, if not my own personal favorite on the striper coast.

Book NOW if possible. http://www.northforkcaptains.com

-WW

p.s. My second trip out with Bob several years ago....

mrmacey
03-11-2004, 09:14 AM
you were eating good in those days!!!:laughs: :laughs: :happy: :happy:

bassmaster
03-11-2004, 11:24 AM
till i started driin my wee wee:heybaby: :wavey:

MakoMike
03-11-2004, 01:33 PM
i'll second WW's recomendation of Bob Rochetta, an excellent fisherman and a very nice guy to boot!

gdurham75
03-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Striperhound
shoot me an email and I will give you the low down on Long Island. I know the area very well lived there for many years. Do you want to surf fish, boat? My work email is warren.kolodziejski@erac.com

HEY HOUND..TRIED TO EMAIL YOU BUT MY PUTER HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN SOMETIMES...I WAS THINKING OF EITHER A CHARTER OR MAYBE EVEN JUST FISHING SOME OF THE JETTIES OUT THAT WAY FOR A DAY. DON'T REALLY WANNA TOTALLY SMOKE MY CREDIT CARD FOR A CHARTER TRIP....THAT WHOLE RENT AND TRUCK PAYMENT THANG SORTA DICTATE OTHERWISE! THANKS....OH YEAH...GDURHAM75@HOTMAIL.COM:D