View Full Version : Anybody Feel Like "Burning" Your Favorite Spot???

BigFish
03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah, thats right....feel like giving up that honey hole anyone?:confused: Today is officially "Spot Burning Day" so if you feel like giving up the location, the times and tides you find work well there and the particular bait/lures you use, please post the spot here complete with directions. Much appreciated.:smash: :wall: :gf: :doh: :tm: :huh: :shocked:

striprman
03-18-2004, 04:31 PM
I fish in the canal, thats my favorite spot.

BigFish
03-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Why am I not surprised at you Striprman for posting your spot???:huh: My favorite spot is by the water!:smash:

missing link
03-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Yes, i will give you my spots, my fav on out of ******** is right out of ******** ******* than you make a quick ***** and they way you need to fish it is **** **** and a fast ***** with ****** *******.

another one is ******* ***** you can get many large *** **** and ******** there but watch out for ***** near the **** of the **** *** ****ne.

:laughs:

BigFish
03-18-2004, 04:35 PM
:laugha: :laugha: :laugha: :laugha: :laugha:

mikecc
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
LINK
I know that spot

chris L
03-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Ohio and I da ho .

missing link
03-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by mikecc
LINK
I know that spot

:rolleyes: :D

RIROCKHOUND
03-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I like to fish in the John, with Salty's tidy-bowl blue Danny.... :D
But my all time favorite spot is wherever I be catchin' and you'll need chinese water torture to get that out of me :laughs:

GBOUTDOORS
03-18-2004, 04:49 PM
I don,t mind sharing a good spot with the rest of the boaters on the site but please don,t crowed my son out if he is there first.:laughs:

Goose
03-18-2004, 04:49 PM
SPOT is four letter word in the passionate fishermans site. If its not in the user agreement... not to use it, then it should be.

BEETLE
03-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Best spot in the harbor is that patch of lilypads out by Georges island. :D

BigFish
03-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes...step right up BEETLE, you are the next contestant on...."Burn Your Spot"!:laugha:

Slipknot
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
NO

RickBomba
03-18-2004, 08:29 PM
I have also been favoring Ohio with the 90-10 man.

macojoe
03-18-2004, 08:44 PM
I fish the Vinyard!! Fluke are good at middle ground buy the Green Can. Good for your rec limt and smaller fish.
You want bigger fish you will have to go to Lucas Shoal There you will find a litte bit better fish and a lot more of them.
If you want Big Fluke you need to use big bait and deep water. Over by Quicks is a good place. There is also a wrek over there you can see on chart. I have caught some nice Big Fluke (11 to 13 #) on live scup!! But they will have to be the small dolly size so don't get caught with them.

That same wreak will hold nice Bass also using , you guessed it Scup and they will take a leagle 9" scup.
Middle Ground has a few nice spots for drifting live bait also!!

Key for bass in these areas are DAY BREAK Got to be there before the sun comes up!!
after you get your bass for the day stock up on some fluke and when you have done that, there are lots of nice Black Sea Bass By the Green can at Middle ground or in a deep hole closer to the Vinyard off Lucas Can.

Then you have the Blues and then you have the Scup! Scup is nice and tastey!!

I don't mind Sharing!! :happy:

beamie
03-19-2004, 09:51 AM
This really is a vague question. Why, one could say Boston Light, Graves Light or Minot Light. In one of these spots I have put many keepers in the box and vise versa have been on the short side and watched others landing big keepers all within casting distance of the boat.

Sometimes 80 ft can make a world of difference when fishing.

Mike P
03-19-2004, 03:04 PM
As canalrat1 could verify, back in the 80s some of our Leper friends tried burning our favorite spot one Fourth of July :D :laughs:

Flaptail
03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
:hs: :whackin:

Canalratt1
03-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Yah pretty funny to light up the box of fireworks. The guys on the other side thought that was the grand finale`! Even funnier when they did it again the next year!

Fish_n_Dive
03-19-2004, 10:59 PM
ok to get to my spot you drive down to any beach, ok, then instead of parking just keep going, k, now you will need to water-proof your car cause your just gonna keep going till you see the fish. simply hit them with you sub/car:smash: :smash: :laughs:

BasicPatrick
03-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Scup Hot Spot... near Beau Bell

Shark hot spot...near teeth (read...Depending on tide anchor boat near either Monomoy or Nantucket-chum until slick reaches other shore)

Bluefish Hot Spot...near Nantucket

Black sea bass Hot Spot...near Sunken Meadow

Cod Hot Spot...near nothing

Striped Bass hot spot...www.Striped-Bass.com