View Full Version : Hearing around North shore MA

fishin
03-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I want to catch some herring to use as candy for strippers. I have never done it before but willing to learn. Anyone want to help next month- I dont even know where to go or methods to use. Would like to get set up before I need them- I will trade someones time and knowledge of this sport for my time on my boat, gear and food (beer) and knowledge of striper fishing. Thanks :)

RickBomba
03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Candy for strippers, I thought we already had this discussion?:D
You did spell stripers right the second time, though.
Later,
Rick

Bass Nut
03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Where are you on the North Shore?

fishin
03-18-2004, 05:52 PM
I fish out of Beverly Port Marine. Strippers=stripers right gives me the same reaction

The Dad Fisherman
03-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey Right up the street...I work in Salem. We'll have to hook up some time

Bass Nut
03-18-2004, 06:23 PM
I am in North Reading, near the Middleton line. Not close too the water, but when do we leave?

Got the fever.... must ........fish........soon........

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Fish Or Die
03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
only candy i use to catch a stripper is my money!:laughs:

Bass Nut
03-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by fishin
I fish out of Beverly Port Marine. Strippers=stripers right gives me the same reaction

So you come home fitschaced with no money too?

:buds: :buds:

marky1
03-19-2004, 01:18 PM
C .C. Ca. Can I come too? I am down in Beverly also! Usually see the herring come in the harbor sometime in May. Never seen them earlier or it means that I am going blind. :huh:

nightfighter
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
It's about time we got some N Shore input on this fine site! Took me a year to get Saltyric onboard, then met up with Dadfisherman at Devereaux this past summer.

Back to the question though...

I haven't done it myself, but I have knowledge of herring been netted in Watertown. Either the Charles, or Mystic. Gotta have a license(?) and a livewell to transport. Do a search for old threads with the info on the wells.

Anybody up for a northern Mass S-B leg this summer? 'course we gotta run it by the boss........

marky1
03-22-2004, 01:09 AM
What do you mean by "S-B leg"? No,I am not being a wiseguy,it's just a simple question. ... please keep me informed.

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by nightfighter
Anybody up for a northern Mass S-B leg this summer? 'course we gotta run it by the boss........

The Boss???? I didn't know my wife was running tournaments now! :D

I'm up for anything that involves fishing!

nightfighter
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
marky1, the site puts on four legs or get togethers during the summer/fall, ie. S-B as in Striped-Bass.com. If you get a chance, attend one, you'll certainly attend more after that! great folks, great food, and sometimes great fishing!!!!!

TDF, the boss is THE Boss. All decisions on all things related to S-B gotta get JohnR's blessing... Dats da rules. (But I don't think he knows how to find the North Shore anyway;) More fish for us!)

marky1
03-23-2004, 01:39 AM
Yo..nightfighter...now I see where you coming from! So....keep in touch with some ideas. Maybe there are more of us around than we realize(on the N.S.),We are starting to come out of the woodwork!

Clogston29
03-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I think a northern leg would be a good idea. I know I'd go.

The Dad Fisherman
03-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I'd be up for that. Sounds like a good time