View Full Version : Striprman Exposed!!!!!

Crafty Angler
03-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Ya know, Uncle Crafty finally figured it out this morning. :smokin:

I know who Striprman really is. Sit down for this one....

I believe - beyond the shadow of a doubt - that the individual purporting to be a newbie named striprman is in fact:

Are you ready?

THE NEFARIOUS......:eek:

THE TREACHEROUS....:eek5:

THE DASTARDLY .....:err:

FISHWEEWEE :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Think about it - have ya ever seen the two of them in the same room together?

Well, have ya?

Boy, did he troll you guys up....well, me too for a while 'til I got wise to him.

RIJIMMY
03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
AKA the Interplanetary Angler?

I wish it were true, but I think Strprman is a new and unusual problem

striprman
03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Wrong

Slipknot
03-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by striprman
Wrong

So why don't you enlighten us?

troll/or not troll?

what is your story?

vineyardblues
03-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I think it's big fish or Skitta ...lol

vb

striprman
03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I just like to fish
http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/?id_=8293072
http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/?id_=8293475

redlite
03-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Dead end link. Hmmmmm.

Gloucester2
03-19-2004, 06:14 PM
WeeWee busy with a new gig :wave:

missing link
03-19-2004, 06:37 PM
:topic:

Skitterpop
03-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks Peter.... May termites infest your Roman`s!

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

JohnR
03-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Will the real Striprman please stand up!

- I think the deal is one of three things. I say this trying to be a little open minded about this 'cause some things you say just don't add up.

1) You are trolling us here:
For someone that pulls 30#ers out of the canal and had Carl Johansen as a mentor, and someone that remembers fishing bass & blues in the 70s and 80s, you ask a lot of odd questions like someone starting out - we have seen this before - the questions and the trolls. You're getting a kick out of this.

2) You've discovered Internet Info Utopia and found us first - You're someone that's been fishing for a while, fish the ditch, yet you ask an awfull lot of questions as you experience information nirvana. Here are the threads you've started in the past few days:
1)Is it illegal for MA tackle shops to sell alewife and blueback herring?
2)Your thoughts are welcome...
3)I just like to fish
4)Ever catch a bass with a hook or two in its mouth?
5)Do you fish mostly during daylight hours?
6)Ever gone fishing on an "off tide"
7)Ever see a real bass blitz?
8)Shell point, Onset beach
9)Wheres your favorite fishing spot? (the mopst loaded question on a fishing board)
10)Can you tell that I want fishing season to start?
11)Shad and stripers at the Wareham herring run
12)What other sites do you check out for fishing info?
13)Ever had striped bass caviar?
14)Whats your favorite lure?
15)Big bait catches big fish
16)Pogies with worm parasites and stripers with red sores
17)Ever catch a tagged bass?

3) You got laid off like I did last year and have WAY too much freakin' time to kill :p

I say all this partly tounge in cheek because I can't quite put a thumb on it. So I think I'll give you a hint or two on how the board works best;

The biggest wrong "we" could do on an Internet board is stifle discussion. Yeh, if things go off topic into inappropriate or illegal content - that'll get squashed, but we should never stifle it. One of the fine lines with this are when someone new to the board and often fishing too tries to cram all of life's lessons (fishing wise anyway) into a bunch of posts in a few days. The board has a give and take to it, give a little, take a little. Come on too strong and people are not going to keep replying openly. Many here are very willing to give out lessons passed down to them and lessons learned on the beach but it's to be passed out piecemeal instead of in massive chunks.

Assuming that you are a fairly experienced angler, and someone new to the game comes along, are you going to give the stranger all of your knowledge? Or are you going to give them pieces here and there and let them figure some stuff on their own too. Probably the latter. If you are in a shop and someone starts grilling you on your favorite spots wanting to know what wind/tide/moon they like best are you going to cough it all up? Probably not.

Now once you get to know some of these regulars a bit better you'll probably give up a little something here and there. Now on these types of message boards those dribs and drabs can add up to some real valuable info as whole, but it still goes out in bits and pieces.

So don't take it negatively, just understand that there is a balance that can be hard to find but is good for everyone. So instead of asking a ton of questions, participate in some threads and listen to what others say too. That way the enjoyment of the board for all is balanced with the need for answers.

I'm a little tired and wiped out so hopefully this is somewhat clear. Just try to find a good balance, that's all. I think you'll like it and have a good time. We got a lot of good people here and there is a ton of knowledge thatcomes by in bits and pieces...

Again - just trying to be honest and sincere here...

Thanks,

John

Slingah
03-19-2004, 07:47 PM
It's gotta be.......Charlie Moore

Katie
03-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Slingah

:laughs: so this is how he learns to catch fish bigger than 8lbs :laughs:

CAL
03-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Slingah

:laughs:

Goose
03-19-2004, 08:42 PM
He says he's fishin "in the canal" it's illegal to boat fish there so its only a matter of time before he gets busted....here too??..we'll see.

fishweewee
03-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Crafty,

:laughs:

I swear it's not me, I've been waaaaaay too busy as of late.

I'm afraid your culprit is probably a real person...who isn't me. :err:

BasicPatrick
03-20-2004, 12:14 AM
If its not FWW I like the Big fish accusation...I think there should be an investigation

UserRemoved1
03-20-2004, 07:24 AM
And a public FLOGGING :D

Originally posted by BasicPatrick
If its not FWW I like the Big fish accusation...I think there should be an investigation

chris L
03-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey Ben

take a break will ya . to much work isnt good for the soul .