View Full Version : Okay, Was It Something I Said?

Crafty Angler
03-24-2004, 06:19 AM
Mrs. Crafty is helping me do - alright, make that she's doing - the website for our new company The Angler's Art and yesterday she's working on a page called Our Mission Statement and asks me what I want for text on the page.

So I tell her go ahead and just put in some dummy text until I get the copy finished, whatever you want to put there.

I look over and on the page is the text:

"I hope this finally makes the SOB happy. For God's sake, will somebody please buy something from the old bastard."

Jeez...am I really that bad before my second pot of coffee in the morning? :confused:

Tattoo
03-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Statement:

"I hope this finally makes the SOB happy. For God's sake, will somebody please buy something from the old bastard."

Translation:

"If he thinks I'm going to sit in front of this damn computer all day he has another thing coming. I deserve an all expense paid day at the mall, a wild night on the town with the Iron Mike gang, and a nice dinner and a movie. Plus, I need to restock my private stash in the sock drawer. In addition the weather is going to break this week which will be great for a spring cleanup in the garden. This year I want a fish pond with some of those real expensive koi and a turtle......"

:smash:

Crafty Angler
03-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Geez, Mike, did she manage to tell you all that the other day before she let me know it was you on the phone? :rolleyes:

Tell ya the truth, she's gonna get all that and more if I can just get a little ahead of the game.

God knows, my bride has worked hard enough on this to deserve it - of course, so far the only real bonus is she gets to spend every day in the office with me but we've been doing that for years anyway :smash:

Hmmmm....wait a minute, maybe that has something to do with it. :laughs:

Well, she said she'd teach me Go-Live if I teach her to fish - let's see if she makes good on her promise.
Maybe Mrs. Crafty will register and tell her side of the story some day.... :rude:

Crafty Angler
03-24-2004, 08:03 AM
BTW, if she wants to keep a little money under her socks and delicates in the dresser drawer, I don't care. Just as long as she's not spending the Crafty family fortune on more plants for the yard - the ones she had last year are perfectly good, they'll probably come right back to life if she waters them a little.

Oops, gotta go, I hear my little dove headin' for the office :hidin:

JHABS
03-24-2004, 09:47 AM
CRAFTY, I will call and tell her to go to the MALL................ and SPEND SPEND SPEND............ call me .................

cheferson
03-24-2004, 10:14 AM
:laughs:

Crafty Angler
03-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Habs, ixnay on the ending-spay.

Your pal,
Crafty

Crafty Angler
03-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Ya know, I've had a change of heart - the fishpond is okay as long as there's trout in it.

Fishing problem? Hey, I don't have no stinkin' fishing problem. :smokin:

jugstah
03-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Hmm, a fish pond stocked with striped bass...