View Full Version : Southern Maine

Marty
06-27-2001, 06:52 AM
Good work, John. The Board is much faster. Pleased to report my best weekend in years. I didn't fish all that hard, and only in the AM, but still managed 10. The amazing thing is that in past years, the average size was probably 18" with about 25% in the Maine keeper range (20-26"). The smallest fish I caught was 23" and the biggest 33". They were also fat. Heading up tomorrow night for 10 days. BTW, the week before I used fresh mac chunks and caught zilch in 20 hours of fishing over 3 days. Last week, I used macs that a neighbor had frozen for my last August. Go figure. Best wishes for everyone to have a safe, healthy and fish-laden holiday.

Saltheart
06-27-2001, 07:49 AM
If they ain't there , it doesn't matter what the bait is. :( If they are there and they are hungry , it doesn't matter what the bait is. :) Its all the in between times when bait and time and presentation make a difference. ???

Fisherwoman
06-27-2001, 08:39 AM
Way to go Marty, glad you are having a good time fishing. Hope it keeps going for ya, may you be blessed with a biggun this year. Tight Lines!!!!!!