View Full Version : John R

schoolie monster
06-27-2001, 08:12 AM
Hey, I'm off-site at some training (yesterday, today and tomorrow), so I don't have email access. I'll try to login from home, but I moved my machine to the basement room for Britta to play Pooh and 102 Dalmations and other fun games... anyway, no phone line in the basement.

Let me know what you want to do this weekend either over the board or give me a call this evening.

Later.

JohnR
06-27-2001, 08:25 AM
OK - will do - Friday night and Saturday morn, right? Are me, da wife and the brat (just kidding honey) coming up to visit your wife and brat this weekend?

schoolie monster
06-27-2001, 09:22 AM
Yeah, have Gwen email Karen... Karen has something (birthday or shower) saturday afternoon, but we thought you guys could stay over friday night. We could hit cohassett for a couple hours then head back and catch some sleep. Then take the boat out early AM saturday.

JohnR
06-27-2001, 11:35 AM
Need Karen's e-mail address...

schoolie monster
06-27-2001, 01:31 PM
same as before, except ******

sorry about being cryptic, just don't want any of my sworn, mortal enemies like patrick or gusto harassing my wife... that would make me angry.

schoolie monster
06-27-2001, 01:37 PM
that's a joke... I'm not worried about any board members, just didn't want to broadcast her email...not implying patrick or derek are stalkers or anything.

chris L
06-27-2001, 02:40 PM
BRAT ! BRAT ! John you surprise me ! hes not even a year old yet what ya going to call him when hes 2 ? SOLD ;)

only kidding

chris L
06-27-2001, 02:50 PM
SM
If you want I can get you some wire to extend that existing line to your basement with a jack ? since that is where it originates . If your close to where we fish next weekend I can do it for you . If you want ? its easy enough I have been a telephone idiot for over 20 yrs . let me know and I can get the wire and jack for you ?

Got Stripers
06-27-2001, 02:51 PM
John let me know if you want to meet me at my home Sunday or at the ramp in Scituate. You and SM can launch Sat. there and follow me up to Cohasset if you want, I decided on Sat/Sun morning rather than Fri night/Sun morning.

Must get a handle on the eel supply tomorrow, big black snakes :). I'm in the office if you want to discuss the plans.

Fisherwoman
06-27-2001, 08:16 PM
Hey GS, won't know until Friday what the scoop is, have a client at 5 in the AM tomorrow and things are a little up in the air for BC, he won't know whats going to happen until then. So I May or May not be able to go with ya Saturday, I will have to wait and see, so don't let me hold you up if someone else would like to go, cause I just won't know till then. Thanks for the offer. Give us a call tomorrow afternoon if you get a chance or I will call you.

JohnR
06-28-2001, 08:08 AM
OK GS - I'll wait for Schoolie to jump in - he's at training today but will periodically check the web.... Where is the Scituate ramp in relation to the harbor? When I head there, it's ususally to fish off the breachway...

Greg - I have a fair amount of t-wire (hundreds of feet as opposed to the millions that Chris has :P ) too if you want to run a line downstairs this weekend - but you'll need to break the dust off the wallet and spend $2.98 for a jack at Radio Shack....

Got Stripers
06-28-2001, 09:05 AM
You and I need to talk before we all get wrapped up for the weekend. Basically, left off Rt 3A at the police station, bear left at the common, follow to the light at the harbor and turn left, public ramp is a couple hundred yards up on the right and is next to the Boat Club. I'm thinking 4 am at the ramp if that works for you, then we are all set. Plenty of room, so bring what you want for tackle, or if you want to travel light I can furnish extra, will have large cooler, so bring drinks/food you want. If you have pet eels that your close to bring em, but I'll have a couple dozen int he livewell, unless there's a run today/tomorrow on all the bait shops.

I'm planning the same for Saturday, but let me know if you and SM are planning on meeting at the ramp. Be there or be square, but don't be late, ship sails at 4:20 am with or without crew :). When you call me, I will give you my cell number and you should probably update yours in case it's changed. I'll have it on in case you have car trouble or aliens abduct you on the way up...lol.

JohnR
06-28-2001, 10:39 AM
Left you a message - the times are cool for me but I need Greg to verify that all is OK with him...

Got Stripers
06-28-2001, 03:49 PM
I don't know where that message might be :), because I didn't get it. Good then, you know the place, the time, the drill etc, if you want to discuss any particulars, I should be around tonight. Tomorrow I will be in town, picking up running light & eels on the way home and then sleep aid (reads:beers) and sleep if I can.

Slipknot might meet me Saturday, although he needs to confirm by tomorrow morning at the latest, got that Bruce :). I got a few Bluefish reports today John, but hit any of your contacts up, because the blues will be the hardest part of the equation. One is a promissing report which isn't far from where I intend on starting.

See you Sunday 4 am, Bruce let me know about Saturday.

JohnR
06-28-2001, 09:13 PM
I left a message on your work answering machine from your site... My computer seriously blew up and trashed all of my files - so I no longer have anyone's numbers (new cell phone but same # to boot)...

Sounds good to me and I have a couple feelers out on where the fish are...

Got Stripers
06-29-2001, 07:03 AM
Emailed you my numbers, you do the same. I'll have my cell on Sunday morning in case you get delayed, but you better have a doctors note :). Just curious about Saturday, Slipknot is joining me but I don't know if we should be looking for you and SM.

I will be about 4:30 to 4:45 at the ramp tomorrow morning, in light of a late night last night with one of my teenage boys. I'm already sleep deprived and the weekend hasn't started....can anyone say zombie?

schoolie monster
06-29-2001, 09:35 AM
John, Bob, that sounds cool. Sorry, I've been a bit out of touch for a few days. We'll launch out of Scituate in the AM. John, you bringing your big cooler?

Chris L, thanks alot for the offer, but I'm up on the South Shore, Mass. Really appreciate it though.

Gotta run, talk to ya later.

JohnR
06-29-2001, 10:12 AM
Yup - can bring the big cooler but then I'll need to bring "The Beast", hehehe...

schoolie monster
06-29-2001, 02:31 PM
Hey GS,

How's the harbor entrance hold up? And the area we'll be fishing? The marine forecast is calling for up to 20 kt winds and 2-4 foot seas.... the wind will be out of the SW.

That's the zone out to 25 nautical miles, so we likely won't get that, but you know the water, so I thought I'd ask.

My boat would be comparable to your old one. Thanks.

Got Stripers
06-29-2001, 03:10 PM
Could be 8 footers in the bay, as long as those SW wind predictions are on the money, shouldn't be much more than a 1 foot chop in the coastal waters I fish. If it's more than you want to handle, you can always turn around, load up and 20 minutes up the road you can launch at the Hingham rotary on 3A. They are also still getting some nice fish in the river on eels and chucks from what I understand from the guys at North River today.

Bottom line, get up go to Scituate and make the call, that's always been my game plan, no need to change it now. See you boys in the morning, hope my butthead son is going to be in or I'll be up late and pulling an all-nighter...don't even have finals :(.

schoolie monster
06-29-2001, 03:22 PM
No, that will be fine. Figured not much would be happenin' with the SW wind, but since it's your home waters, I figured I'd get a feel of what to expect.

I'm bringin' alot of plastic, so I should be able to do some damage. Don't really care about the tourny, though a 35lb. stripe could change that tune asap... one can always use a cool $grand... seriously, I just want some action. Till the AM. I'm outta here!

Got Stripers
06-29-2001, 03:37 PM
Here's the link to the marine weather that I use for Scituate to Boston and it's been accurate thus far.

http://www.marineweather.com/FrameNEUS.html

If the same size class is there from last week, better have enough line or a strong trolling motor :).