View Full Version : 3 way swivel

Mr. Sandman
03-25-2004, 05:10 PM
OK, not an exciting topic...but last year I tried these instead of the old style. I got these overseas in Europe from a North Sea commercial tackle guy, they may be available here too but I have not seen them. Anyway they seem very strong but the tiny ones seem more prone to tangles.

I used them last season for 3-waying live bait off the boat.
whatyathink?

BigFish
03-25-2004, 05:34 PM
I think I would rather use those Mr. Sandman than the traditional ones. They seem a little less cumbersome.....know what I mean?;)

This, by the way, was the most excitement I had all day Mr. Sandman.:laugha: :sleeps:

quick decision
03-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't like the idea of having the two lines starting from virtualy the same place. Looks to me like I would spend more time twisted up than fishing. Just my opion. There are people in this site that know a hell of alot more than I do.

striprman
03-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Looks like they would swivel easier than the ones with the ring and 3 connectors

Might foul easier to, maybe not. They look pretty cool. I wonder if they make ball bearing type?

Goose
03-25-2004, 06:32 PM
I like'um. How are they in price compared to spro's

GBOUTDOORS
03-25-2004, 06:35 PM
I,m with Tony they look good to me. Anyone seen these in local shops yet???

PNG
03-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Looks like somebody with fish on their mind designed those. I think they'll work good.

bloocrab
03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
...not sure if those are "Braid" friendly. Using braid as the main line and mono on the rig, the difference in thickness of lines could cause some havoc at the juncture in my opinion......unless ya boat fishing. :D.....straight down looks good.

mikecc
03-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Rosco makes the same here in the US.

Tony
almost anything is cheaper than Spro

nightfighter
03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
I do????????

Rosco :D

bloocrab
03-26-2004, 08:53 AM
:laughs: :laughs: ...LMAO Ross

GBOUTDOORS
03-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Blue whats this I hear you like to go the three way????? Do you wear your cleats while threewaying????:D

bloocrab
03-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Of course :D...the cleats give me better traction as I'm pushing forward.,,, I just hate it when I get tangled up in the lines. I don't boat fish much GB, so.... a three way with LIVE bait would cause me more harm than good. From the surf, as the line lays flat on the way out, all it would take is the Live baitfish to swim toward me...and that little juncture (the three way you suggested), would be all up in a bunch, especially using braid for a main. It's a different animal, boat-fishing and surf-fishing,...but you know that, cause' you can't catch fish from the surf :D:D :happy: :happy:

bloocrab
03-26-2004, 09:11 AM
I only wear korkers on boats now,,,,give me better sea-legs.

:eek: :confused: ;) :smash:

Mr. Sandman
03-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Here is where I got them (recently on line)...

http://www.leadertec.com/Tacklestore_swivels.html

Your right! Rosco does have them...

http://www.roscoinc.com/prod_3wayswivels.cfm