View Full Version : Thank God...A (somewhat) Happy Ending For A Change

fishweewee
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Missing college student found
Police probing if she was kidnapped

(CNN) -- A University of Wisconsin student who vanished from her apartment four days ago was found alive Wednesday in a marshy area in Madison after a passer-by spotted her and called police, authorities said.

Police quickly sealed off the area and began combing streets, parking lots and nearby woods with their guns drawn.

Trained dogs were brought to the area where Audrey Seiler, 20, was found to search for a man reportedly seen with her. Local media said the man was believed to be armed.

Seiler, an honor student at the state's flagship university, was last seen Saturday on a surveillance camera leaving her apartment without a purse or coat.

Madison police spokesman Pat Malloy said authorities received a call from a citizen Wednesday who "spotted her in a marsh area and thought it was unusual or suspicious and called the police."

Authorities responded and found her alive. She was transported to a hospital and was later reunited with her family.

"She appears to be OK," Malloy told CNN. "The most important thing is that she is found alive and that she's been reunited with her family."

Officer Larry Kamholz told The Associated Press that Seiler had non-life-threatening injuries. He refused to give further details about her condition.

"We're just thrilled that she's been found, and found alive," said Peter Spear, the university's provost.

Police were scouring the area two miles east of the university looking for the alleged kidnapper.

Police in a helicopter were using a thermal imaging device to try to spot a suspect. At least one canine team was trying to find a trail on the ground.

"We're searching for one person in that area where Audrey was found," Malloy said. "We're trying to use that dog to find the suspect."

Her disappearance puzzled investigators because there was no sign of foul play.

Hundreds of volunteers, including many from Seiler's hometown of Rockford, Minnesota, took part in searchers earlier in the week.

Seiler's parents held a news conference earlier Wednesday to talk about their daughter and publicize her disappearance.

Last month, Seiler had told police she was attacked from behind and knocked unconscious while walking outside after midnight.

She said she woke up behind a nearby building but was not robbed or otherwise hurt, police said. No one was arrested in the incident.

The university provost said the apparent kidnapping was unusual for Madison, a quiet college town that had its lowest crime rate in 30 years last year.

"This is quite unique for us," Spear said. "In fact, our crime rate here is well below average for universities of our size."

Last November, University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin, 22, disappeared after leaving her job at a Grand Forks shopping mall. She is believed to be dead, although no remains have been found.

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., 50, who was released from prison six months earlier after serving 23 years for the rapes of two women and attempted rape of another woman, was charged with her kidnapping.

beachwalker
03-31-2004, 05:55 PM
the world is such a freak show sometimes

that is good news

but then they found the remains of a young canadian girl yesterday. she had been kidnapped right out of her bedroom !

makes me really angry :af: :af: :af:

fishweewee
03-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Story headline on that one BW? I can't find it...

Bill L
04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Looks like it was a hoax :hs:

Squid kids Dad
04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
To bad she was frieking lieing...That really pisses me off:smash: :smash: :smash:

fishweewee
04-03-2004, 09:02 AM
:rolleyes: :hs: :bsod: :fishslap: :rollem: :doh:

Homerun04
04-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Empathy.....girl seems to have some problems......it's a shame we spend so much mental anguish and money, only to find out it might be a hoax.....but nonetheless, hopefully she will get the help she needs now.....if indeed it was a hoax.

cheferson
04-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Crazy chick

Raven
04-03-2004, 07:48 PM
is signed, seilered, and delivered.....;) to the NUT HOUSE:bounce:

BigFish
04-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Throw her back in the dang swamp!!!!:af:

Raven
04-04-2004, 08:09 AM
hey bigfish Now yer talkin.....:D

fishweewee
04-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Throw her back in the dang swamp!!!!:af:

:uhuh:

I heard on the news this whole "hoax" is costing the public in excess of $70,000. This tramp should reimburse the cops for $$$ diverted away from more important things! :af:

chris L
04-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I NEED ATTENTION !!!!

hello !
I feel invisable .

I know lets get everyone to feel sorry for my swamp stanking butt .

Raven
04-04-2004, 11:02 AM
like ..... i was just calling out for help cuz.... im desperate and miss my mommy. dweeb