View Full Version : Vote to Band Stripman

macojoe
04-04-2004, 10:14 PM
John this guy is a pain!!! make the vote stick!! Please!

Raider Ronnie
04-04-2004, 10:23 PM
I'll donate some $ to support that cause :btu: :cheers:

JohnR
04-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Negative - I won't vote to ban someone for, err, more than agressive posting. If Striprman wants to lighten up a bit he won't get trolled. If he wants to make 47 posts per day and you all keep responding to him he'll start making 48

Striprman, I think you need to unglue your foot from the throttle. There is a difference between taking & participating on these boards. Particpation requires a balance with the others on the boards. Your blasting of topics on the board has generally turned off many of the regulars from wanting to particpate with you and has probably made some of the newcomers to the board reluctant to particpate. That's not fair to the new people and to the regulars. You REALLY need to back up a bit and see how much you are posting. Much more than necessary.

To everyone else, fresh fish will be here at anytime. We have ALMOST made it unscathed into a fresh year. Eye on the prize - think about them Fifties due here soon :D

Nebe
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Johns right... the dude means no harm...
Dont reply or dont read it if you dont like what he says.

macojoe
04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Well Johns the law!! But how??? He post in everyons threads!! He is a pain in the A$$
Well I just won't borther with the site till fishing starts!! You win #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&!

striprman
04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
You can say whatever you want about me and what I have posted and my opinions. I have tried to get everyone to think about one of our favorite activities FISHING FOR THE STRIPED BASS. If my posts have aggravated anyone, made someone mad, made someone think I'm a dumass.. well I can live with that. I believe some of my posts and questions may have been a little less than "conventional", but I mean no harm. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read or reply to my posts. If I have made 1 person more enlightened, raised a chuckle, made someone think about an issue they might not have thought about, helped someone learn something, made someone reminisce about something (either good or bad) that happened to them while fishing, is that so bad?. I have fished since I was 3 years old (fresh and salt), and it is something that I will never stop. Fishing season will be here soon, we will all be out there hoping to catch. I wish everyone the best of luck this comming season.

28inches
04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Make him a Moderator.:happy:

JohnR
04-04-2004, 11:07 PM
MJ - not trying to be the law. I just think it's a real crappy choice - chosing between booting someone or allowing the board to continue to endure this crap. It's almost a lose - lose situation. I wish there was a better way (and if there is I'm all ears).

Striperman, I don't think you've really enlightened many people here. Your questions have not been unusual or thought provacative. Most have honestly been fairly well worn paths. Your ability to impress something good on people and have a positive impact lies with how you earn people's respect. And beleive it or not, how well you play with others in this sandbox. Right now you making it unfun to be here. Personally I want to see you lighten way up on this stuff. Cause right now nothing productive is happening.

Now I'm tired, tired of this, and going to bed....

Nighty friekin' night :wall: :soon: :huh:

cheferson
04-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Give him his own forum.

cheferson
04-04-2004, 11:08 PM
So ya gonna pull the winner this sunday johnr?

thefishingfreak
04-04-2004, 11:19 PM
this tool makes others not want to post in here!
because the topic will switch to "tool", and serious conversation goes out the window.
mike

beachwalker
04-04-2004, 11:54 PM
striprman,

personally there's no hatred from me. more so there is disbelief that you continuosly think that you are posting substantive items that are for the good of this site and that everyone is somehow enlightened by your efforts.

do me a favor. i had to do it when i started......

stop and read your post before you send it in. if it looks funky DONT post it.

if you don't get that then maybe you can then comprehend why many are sick and tired of your efforts.

:)

Crafty Angler
04-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Ah, the hell with it, let him stay, maybe he'll get the hang of it sooner or later and turn out to be okay.

It takes all kinds to make a world, ya know. He don't need to be euthanized.

Not yet, anyways.

MrsSFrances
04-05-2004, 02:43 AM
nevermind:smash:

MAC
04-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by striprman
If you don't like what I have to say, don't read or reply to my posts.

He said it himself, but someone keeps responding. It is kind of like a fire ; take away the fuel and it will go out....

Fly Rod
04-05-2004, 08:16 AM
:) I thought this was an open forum to all that sign up???

We all have our own thoughts and opinions and what should be or shouldn't be. Some agreement and some disagreement on issues!!!

None of us may agree with his attitude, and could be annoying and maybe he will get the picture and listen to himself before he post.

I for one voted for him to stay on. I can work around his negativety.

Besides I would think that it is the moderators job to decide who and who does not stay when a certain creteria isn't met.

28inches
04-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Striprman ain't all that bad. Anybody who puts a bail on a 706 can't be all bad.

I will defend to his death the right for him to post.:D

beachwalker
04-05-2004, 09:37 AM
by the way,

why would you want to "Band" him ?

What if he grows and the band starts constricting him ? very inhumane........

I am with you on the right to post Mr 28.

but I have to say that hopefully he has learned something about what is substantive and what is drivel. The drivel is for the scuppers !

:)

mikecc
04-05-2004, 09:45 AM
restrict his post and replys to 3 per day. It will make him think about what he is going to post.

Rappin Mikey
04-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Personally, I don't care, but isn't there an option that will allow you to ignore certain peoples posts? I would like to see Striprman take on the Charlie Moore challenge. That would be entertainment.

rob-s
04-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by macojoe
John this guy is a pain!!! make the vote stick!! Please!

joe what make you so special??

be an adult and just dont read his posts .. try it it works.
also you may read the complaint tread from last week where
i sugested the edit him from your tread you wont have to see his tread at all.
i dont think he is the onlyone whom post what i call
stupidity just to get into the 1000 post club

and if
''Well I just won't borther with the site till fishing starts!!

fine with treds like this i wont miss you:smash:

relax dude and dont drink so much coffee

Rowdy
04-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Just a proper warning should suffice

http://www.flamehq.com/albums/wpw-f6/bart.jpg

Jim O
04-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Beachwalker is right . If he continues to grow banding could shut off the blood supply to his brain then God knows what we would have . Stick a tag in him.
Other than that ignore him until he behaves.

blackeye
04-05-2004, 12:09 PM
I think the title of this post will be enough of a lesson.
brutal:confused:

rexhamer
04-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks for bringing this point up, Beachwalker.

If we band him, what do I do if I find him? Is there a number to call? Do I report size, age, weight, IQ? Do I release him again with the band in place? Is there a web site where we can track future captures? Do I get a baseball cap when I report?

You see, it's not that simple.

JohnR
04-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Guys & Gals - it's only the Internet :) - Real fishing will be here soon.

Striprman, all I ask is that you particpate with the flow of the site. Don't try to be a one man dam.

I thought this was an open forum to all that sign up??? It is and that's why I won't outright ban him unless he goes of the deep end. I hate to ban for the sake of banning.

RI Popper
04-05-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm Starting to feel the love again :) everyone stop what their doing and look deeply into your key board. there that's it. do you feel the love? OK. So some people ramble - that's what people go to Washington for. Let's get back to fishing. I went for a ride in Narraganset Bay Sunday afternoon looking for signs of life and only saw a few herring near the runs. no stripers yet. But soon.

chris L
04-05-2004, 02:49 PM
isnt banding someone something that is done in bondage ?

Im learning alot from striprman !

but I cant read , post pics striprman

and who ever is stripman ?

what band does stripman play in . jossie and the pussy cats ?

everytime I look deep into the keyboard I just see the inside of the bottom .