View Full Version : Do You Guys Like To Catch Really, Really Big Stripers Or Really, Really Tiny Stripers

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I like em' big.......really, really big!:confused: You know, the bigger they are......the more they will weigh? Thats a fact! Big=heavy.....Small=not very heavy? Bet you did not know that?:tm:

Van
04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Its not that small fish are small, its just that the length from their head to tail isn't very much. Thats how come fish are small !!!

Big ones on the other hand can get big because they GROW big. That means the length from their tail to head is MORE ...

Fish weight depends on gravity....so I get confused, sorry.

See its not rocket surgery !!!!!:smash: :smash: :smash:

You need a fish fix my friend..;) ;)

striprman
04-05-2004, 01:14 PM
I've caught both, I prefer big, but if big is not available, I'll take small.

Small fish is better than no fish.

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:18 PM
All very good points Van. Thanks for sharing, I never thought of it like that before.:sleeps:

However....just because you catch a "nice" fish.....does not necessarily mean that you caught a "big" fish....it may very well mean that the fish you caught was not quite "big" but still a very, very nice fish none the less. I saw a guy catch, what he called a "nice" fish once and it was really, really huge! At least by my standards it was huge.:eek: Its funny how different words can mean different things to different people.......take the word "nice" for example......it could mean any number of things, especially when describing fish.:huh: I very rarely use the word "nice" to describe any fish I have caught because that generally means that they were "small". So I just call them "small".:hidin:

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Striprman....what would you prefer if small fish were not available? "Nice" fish or "Big" fish?:confused:

rexhamer
04-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Two points:

1) It's not that they're small fish, it's just that the're young.

2) Would you rather catch one big fish or lots of small, er, I mean young, fish?

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Also very, very good points Rexhamer!:uhuh:

Then if I use what Rexhamer says in regards to the size of the fish that I prefer....then I would probably want to catch "older" fish as opposed to "younger" fish.....YES?:happy:

striprman
04-05-2004, 01:35 PM
You know, when fishing for stripers, some days I've gone fishing and caught nothing, some days I've gone and caught doggies/skates, some days I've gone and caught bluefish, some days I've gone and caught both striped and blues, some days I've caught flounder, striped and blues, some days I've caught only flounder, some days I've gone and caught throwbacks, some days I've gone and caught throwbacks and keepers, some days I've gone and caught small keepers, some days I've gone and caught large keepers, some days I've gone and only caught 1 small fish, some days I've gone and caught 1 large fish, some days I've gone and had a big one get away, some days I've gone and had a small one get away, some days I've gone and had none get away, some days I've gone and have some get away, some days I've gone and only caught them using lures, some days I've gone and only caught them using bait, some days I've gone and caught them using both lures and bait, some days I've gone and caught nothing using both lures and bait,

Sound familiar?

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Do tell Striprman!:eek:

One fish, two fish, striped fish, blue fish, rock fish, small fish, big fish, tall fish, short fish, nice fish, ..........:smash:

Krispy
04-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Give it a rest BF, we got your point 20 threads ago

BigFish
04-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Krispy, give me a kiss....:bshake:

rexhamer
04-05-2004, 01:52 PM
You know - some days before I go fishing I have bacon and eggs. Some days I have eggs and spam, some days bacon, eggs & spam, some days spam, bacon, spam & spam.....

Krispy
04-05-2004, 02:07 PM
hows about a swift kick instead ;)

Flaptail
04-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Krispy is right Larry. Time to move onto the real thing please!:laughs:

Flaptail
04-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey Krispy did you catch the 14 hour Most Extreme Elimination Challenge marathon last Thursday on Spike TV? I was home sick all week with Bronchitis and I couldn't keep watching it was so funny. Every time Kenny and Vick would comment I would start laughing so hard I would choke up, start coughing and have to run for the inhaler! New season April 22nd! Can't wait.:btu:

Krispy
04-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I did Flap! :cool: The Spike chanell is my goto now, bumping out Discovery.
I love those guys :laughs: And am looking forward to the new season