View Full Version : Aqua Skinz poll

Slipknot
04-05-2004, 05:25 PM
How many of you use an AquaSkinz jacket of some kind?

MAC
04-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Bought one last fall. (evolution) It is an awesome top. Fished P.A. in the rain and wind last October and stayed totally dry. Well except for my head. Now time for the hood, just ordered the large plug bag.

fishweewee
04-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Both.

I am taking a very hard look at the Evolution v. 2.0 - it's made of a breathable material and is more abrasion resistant.

When the colder weather kicks in, definitely helps to have the Hurricane - layering in the Evolutions isn't enough when it gets really cold IMO.

-WW

JohnR
04-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I have the Hurricane - kicks ass too. Wore it from September til T-Day then I stopped fishing - even used it shoveling my driveway :btu:

It's back in the truck getting ready for another spin :D

Hmmmm, Want Evo II

Slipknot
04-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
I have the Hurricane - kicks ass too. Wore it from September til T-Day then I stopped fishing - even used it shoveling my driveway :btu:

It's back in the truck getting ready for another spin :D

Hmmmm, Want Evo II

I even saw you wearing it at the Patriots playoff game and you were sweating.

JohnR
04-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Slipknot
I even saw you wearing it at the Patriots playoff game and you were sweating.

I've even had it on shoveling my driveway - how's that for impressing the wife on what a sound investment Skinz are :hihi:

blackeye
04-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I picked up an evolution jacket over the winter-but my driveway gets plowed so I haven't had the chance to use it. Might try it in the surf soon enough.

rizzo
04-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Get the breathable one now Evo2, and then later on in the fall get the hurricane :D

BasicPatrick
04-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I fished the Hurricane pretty heavily during the Derby last fall and I found that a bove 50 degrees it was too warm. Below 50 ad it was a gift from the fishing gods themselves. I just got the EVO 2 and wore it the other day in the rain. I think this is the one to go with first. I layered up under it on a 54 degree very windy day and it was fine.

theSURF121
04-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Used the Hurricane last year and loved it. Found the Evo-2 under the tree this year and cant wait to put it to use. The Rampage is on my wish list. My credit card is smoking!

Mr. Sandman
04-06-2004, 09:40 AM
I plan to upgrade last years model to this years evo2. I need breathable material. I love the features but it needs to be breathable. That was my only complaint...I didn't get wet from seawater but I was soaking wet from my own sweat after a night of climbing around like a mountain goat. I may also buy the heaver splash top for late OCT/NOV fishing for the sub 40 nights.
I will say one thing...they are well made and it is nice to have a top that is made exactly for what we do.

Gloucester2
04-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I got the lightweight one cause I already had a Bronco fo rthe really cold stuff . . .

Nebe
04-06-2004, 11:32 AM
slip get the evo 2... you and I are teh same build and i dont know about you, but i got plenty of insulation:D

C-5 CC
04-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I got the heavy one for x-mas, but haven't used it yet. Can't wait!!!:)

Joe
04-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Did somebody start an Aquaskinz thread?
Time for a quick message from one of the sponsors...(me)
Aquaskinz rock and Joe has plenty of stocks of everything!
Skinz (http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/Aquaskinz.htm)
http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/StoreImages/SRI%20Master%20Banner.gif
http://www.aquaskinz.com/images/evo2big.jpg

Joe
04-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I feel better now...

spence
04-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey Joe, I don't see no contract! I may up my rate to an Evo II :D

-spence

Slingah
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
I need one of these

Got Stripers
04-06-2004, 08:14 PM
What sizes are guys buying with the Evolution, allowing for room to layer up under? And forget mutants like Slip, what about us 42-44 longs?

Rock Hopper
04-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello folks,

Just to answer one of the questions about size....this years EVO2 is bigger than last years sizes. For instance if you are a XL, you would have bought a 2XL last year but this year you would buy your normal XL size. The jackets are a full cut and even in your normal size you will be able to put a thin and a thick layer underneath. Patrick can attest to this ;)

As for the arm lengths, for those that already have them they will understand this, they are longer than say a traditional arm length due to constant motion we are in with casting and retrieving or paddling etc... so if you have long arms you should be alright .... right Slip:D ;)

If you guys have any other questions, please feel free ask and thank you all for your support of the little guy trying to make quality product for all of our aquatic pleasures:)

Kadir aka: Rock Hopper

P.S.JohnR, thanks bud for allowing us to speak freely on this wonderful site about products, details and just about anything. You are awesome!!

BasicPatrick
04-06-2004, 11:22 PM
][i]Originally posted by Rock Hopper

[QUOTE for all of our aquatic pleasures:)

Another use for my Aquaskinz...oops...Family site