View Full Version : Tonights bombardment. The rocket's red glare...

Patrick
07-01-2001, 11:55 PM
Nope, no shelling, just some more questions. I've been a question asking DEMON lately. I'm starting over if you couldn't tell.

This one is about cars. Any of you drive any of the Subaru wagon? Jaiem was right. SUVs are too big for a guy just starting to drive, plus with gas prices and all and the way they gulp it down. The commercial says they have AWD and more ground clearance than some of the SUVs. That means I could probably drive it on the beach when I needed to. Plus, a lot of them get like 30mpg highway so that's good. The reason why I need a wagon is when I get that 10' one piece rod, I need the room. If it has a roof rack, is it possible to put a rod holding rack on top like the Surfcaster sells? What are the opinions on the Subaru wagons?

Now, next line of questioning. When do you have TOO many plugs? I'm addicted to wood! Unfortunately I can't get a lathe now because our basement has minor floods when it rains hard and I'm not putting it down there with the moisture so I gotta buy all the plugs I want to use. If a guy is going to throw plugs like 95% of the time, how many plugs should he have? This was never an issue because I have always been limited to what I could carry on my person. Now that the wheels are turning on getting my own wheels...

Next line of questions. Mike, do you offer a way to put insurance on packages you ship? Do I have to specify that or what? Fed-Ex and I have a pretty good track record but still. If they screw up, you aren't accountable and I won't be able to shell out more money.

One final question, on the St. Croix SC86M/2, which would you use, an Abu C3 or C4? Also which size? I like the capacity of the 6500 but I think since I'm throwing light stuff with it, a 5500 or 5600 (depending on the reccomendations of the C3 or C4) would be better. I'll be using 50lb Powerpro or whiplash on this rod so capacity isn't a problem but I would like the extra room just incase one of your ditch monsters gets lost and comes by me. :)

Tight lines guys. This not being able to fish is driving me nuts. One of the cars is in the shop so my brother has to use the one car we have for his night job.

Saltheart
07-02-2001, 10:17 AM
You have too many plugs when there is no longer any room in the cellar for the 5 gallon pails full of your spares!! :) I 'm almost there!