View Full Version : Splash Pants / Bibs

JohnR
04-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Wanna go fishing and can't find my bibs. Anyone know of places in the Newport to 'Gansett (other than West Marine) areas that would have reasonably priced bibs / splash pants ?

I didn't see anything online at SWE otherwise I'd get something there.... Thanks

bart
04-08-2004, 01:35 PM
that commercial fishing store in gallilee might have them, at the end of the access road coming from PJ

Krispy
04-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I thought someone said it closed.
You could cut the boots off an old pair of breathables

goosefish
04-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Wilcox marine is still open. Also IMM has good stuff, which is off main st in Wakefield, across from the gun shop.
The army navy store on Thames St. use to carry gear.

ScottM
04-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Wanna go fishing and can't find my bibs.

John,
Did you ever get them back from Mancini last summer?

Crafty Angler
04-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Ditto on the Army Navy Store on Thames not far from One Pelham East - they used to carry Grunden, I guess they probably still do and the prices were pretty good.

John, Gallilee would be a good bet too- there's a real big place for commercial stuff in New Bez, can't think of the name of it right now.

I've still got my yellow Helly Hansen set of foul weather gear - of course, that was before they started making the $600 yuppie variety - do they still make the commercial stuff, I wonder? But Grunden is excellent - can't beat 'em.

JohnR
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Actually got some. Went to HH on Thames and they had last years model ripstop breathables for 50% off (there are more there) and got them for $100...

Scott - those were really trashed anyway...