View Full Version : Radar Camra!!!

Fly Rod
04-11-2004, 07:49 AM
:) Washington DC first in nation to use a "Radar Cam"!!
:rolleyes:

People are recieving fines in the mail "Mail Shock!!!":eek:

Fines range from 30-300 dollars!!!!! DC says program has brought in a few million bucks to the coffers.
Other States may fallow.

Triple"A" speaks out and denounces the move, says that it infringes on peoples rights!!!!:)

Hooper
04-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Don't worry Baystaters, with the SJC we have in this state, it'll never happen.

RIROCKHOUND
04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Going into downtown providence for redlights... and I think there is one on Rte 4 in RI was well??

cheferson
04-12-2004, 09:54 AM
SOmeone told me in RI, they have to hand you the ticket , cant mail it.

Nebe
04-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RIROCKHOUND
Going into downtown providence for redlights... and I think there is one on Rte 4 in RI was well??
yeah theres a camera on one of the redlights on rt4 but i think it is used for monitering summer traffic....

Big Brother is watching you:mad:

UserRemoved1
04-12-2004, 12:11 PM
yea but tell the WHOLE story....this street they put them on has a 25 mph limit and they've had like 200 people in a week going 70+ mph :shocked:

2 people have been killed on that street in the last year alone due to speeding cars. If it helps stop that crap then I say bring it on.....I drive a 9000lb truck.I don't speed I drive over things :D

Raven
04-15-2004, 09:01 AM
they started that crap in sanfrancisco and this executive type guy had his picture taken speeding and mailed back to him which showed him cruising in his car with a blonde chick and it ended up costing him his marriage so he sued the state and won!

Slipknot
04-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Just take a polaroid of the cash and mail that back to them.

and salty, your truck needs to go on a diet:eek:

Jimbo
04-15-2004, 10:06 AM
I got nabbed by the redlight cam in Virginia, $50.00. It really wasn't my fault since NJ yellow lights last a lot longer and you can get thru the intersection without stepping on the gas. Anyway, one day I get this letter in the mail and I almost thought it was an advertisement for a green truck, until I noticed the closeup of my license plate. I wasn't happy, but ya know what, I don't have a problem with it since it's geared to nab people driving erratically. Get them to calm down and we'll all be safer on the road.
I heard they were also trying to work something out with the EZ-Pass or toll road systems that would determine if you got on at point A that you were speeding if you got to point B too soon.