View Full Version : People From "The Cape" Who Think They Invented The Place!

BigFish
04-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah, you know who you are! I figured this was the place for me to wage war with you high follutin' folk from over the bridge!:af: Think you own the darn place but you seem to forget that the only thing that seperates the Cape from the mainland is a canal that was dug by men. Maybe you guys don't remember that....also how many of you were actually born on "the Cape" and have lived there your entire life???? The few that I am directing this mortar at meet none of those requirements and those of you that do....simply subscribe to the belief that the people from "the Cape" are better than the people who live in the rest of Mass. or the country for that matter! I would like you to answer this one simple question and I will let this die........give me just one good reason why you feel that you have more of a right to "the Cape" than any one else that does not "hail" from there. Please try to stow away your pompous, "I live down the Cape" attitudes and give me just one concrete reason other than "I pay taxes here" because that don't fly! I pay taxes in Mass also not to mention Federal taxes like everyone else, so....give it your best shot. I am waiting!:af:

Raider Ronnie
04-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Larry,
I think you need to experience what a relaxing day (on a boat!) on the water can do!!!
Being miles offshore, no waiting in lines out there:laughs:
Ron

BigFish
04-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Please RR....many of the boating public are worse than the shore bound folk! Thats why I enjoy casting 4 oz. Hopkins at the boat guys so much! Now that is relaxing!:btu:

Raider Ronnie
04-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Thats why I enjoy casting 4 oz. Hopkins at the boat guys so much! Now that is relaxing!:btu: [/B]

Thanks for the warning!!!:laughs:
I'll be trolling wire line at Race point in early July

Slingah
04-11-2004, 09:18 AM
U lIKe fIghtin BF ??????

BigFish
Get in my casting distance, just make sure you got a helmet on my friend, cause I ain't kiddin'! ;)

missing link
Please RR....many of the boating public are worse than the shore bound folk! Thats why I enjoy casting 4 oz. Hopkins at the boat guys so much! Now that is relaxing!:btu:

:af: :af:

:zup:

no boat ride for you :laughs:

BigFish
04-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Don't step on my toes and I won't have to kill you boat guys!:eek: :D

Moose Nuckle
04-11-2004, 09:50 AM
You should come up with another word other than "Kill." :smash:

BigFish
04-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Maim works just as well, or frighten, or warn, or scare off, or make a point! :eek:

Slingah
04-11-2004, 09:59 AM
settle down now...let's not go "overboard" you are not going to kill anyone...................right?

Hi Moose Nuckle:D

BigFish
04-11-2004, 10:01 AM
I hope not???? I consider myself a pretty accurate caster and "most" times I am only trying to wing the boater in the ear!:laugha: Slingah, you been there with me when I take a few shots at the boaters and surfers....I mean it when I do it and they got it coming!:D

Crow
04-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey BF I fish a place where the boats come close enough to talk to and we fight all the time, so I know where you are coming from. But what if you really did crack one in the ear and you killed him? Was he threatening your life? I have had a plug bounce off a boat and asked my self that very question and unless your are an idiot its better to find another solution. Besides what if they start casting at you? Aren't you in their casting range?
I hate it when they do it too me but death threats hurt everyone. Most of the boats guys have no idea where your line is and how far you can cast, they are just ignorant not trying to get you. Talk to those same guys and they will usually tell you that they had no idea they were that close.
Yeah I know what it feels like & when they come close to me I'll curse too but I won't try to plunk em one on the head.

BigFish
04-11-2004, 10:46 AM
If those boat guys can't tell that they are within casting distance of those on the shore then they are dumber than one could imagine! The thing is they just do not care, if the fish are pushed into the beach they should practice good fishing etiquette and give the shore guys a chance to score some fish as we have to work at least twice as hard as the guys in the boats who can easily move with the fish. Not to mention when the friggin trollers drag their lines and loud boats right through a blitz instead of having the decency to back off and cast into the frey! Those are the fools who get my Hopkins bouncing off of their hull. (I would never intentionall try to harm someone, however I have been known to tell them exactly what I think of their fishing etiquette and of them).:scream:

Van
04-11-2004, 10:48 AM
I hope not???? I consider myself a pretty accurate caster and "most" times I am only trying to wing the boater in the ear!:laugha: Slingah, you been there with me when I take a few shots at the boaters and surfers....I mean it when I do it and they got it coming!:D

Can't we all just get along?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

BigFish
04-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I am not the one stepping on toes Van, that is a fact. You "will not", believe it or not, find a more polite and helpful fisherman any where than me. But rub my fur the wrong way and I will go off on you like an a-bomb on steroids!:splat: :exp: :af: :btu:

Tin Can Charlie
04-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Tough guy....*shudders*....:p :happy: :D

BigFish
04-11-2004, 11:05 AM
:eek: :rude: I do not take crap from anyone......that is a fact!:D

Tin Can Charlie
04-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh go stroke yer fur:laughs: :D

Raider Ronnie
04-11-2004, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigFish
[ Not to mention when the friggin trollers drag their lines and loud boats right through a blitz instead of having the decency to back off and cast into the frey!]

LOUD?

Not me, My boat has a 4stroke;)

missing link
04-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Raider Ron
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigFish
[ Not to mention when the friggin trollers drag their lines and loud boats right through a blitz instead of having the decency to back off and cast into the frey!]

LOUD?

Not me, My boat has a 4stroke;)

dito--- my i/o is very quiet-- i dont even no its on sometimes when i'm starting it :eek:

k now what was the thread about in the first place?

BigFish
04-11-2004, 11:25 AM
You guys tellin' me your boat is so quiet it won't spook the fish? Please! Your kidding yourselves.:smash:

missing link
04-11-2004, 11:33 AM
You guys tellin' me your boat is so quiet it won't spook the fish? Please! Your kidding yourselves.:smash:

couldent be any worse than a 4 oz hopkins hitting the water at 40mph :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: i have a good read about engins sound and fish i'll find it and post it.

missing link
04-11-2004, 11:36 AM
read from top

http://thehulltruth.net/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6416&posts=23#M41744

Squid kids Dad
04-11-2004, 11:38 AM
GEEZ...Its Easter guys...Mellow out..seems like someone got out the wrong side of the bed this morning..Happy Easter...:happy: :happy:

capesams
04-11-2004, 11:53 AM

beachwalker
04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Bigfish,

I am going to start referring to you as Poopie Pants.

Bitch and moan all day long.......... :)

TheRattBoy
04-11-2004, 03:40 PM
It takes me 1 hr 15 min to get to the canal,I have rearranged my life to fish, i've spent countless hours and tides learning spots and i've walked miles on the beach learning bars and drops.Yet when most Cape people hear where I live , that's it , i'm an outsider.I respect the beach and other peoples property and NEVER leave trash.I have the same drive and passion for fishing as you who are lucky enough to live there, the only thing that makes us different is geography (where I live).I think that the effort one puts into fishing SHOULD count for something.NOT looking for any fights, just my .02 cents. johnny "tRB"

l.i.fish.in.vt
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
if my history stands correct, most of us are nonresidents, unless yuu are native american.

l.i.fish.in.vt
04-11-2004, 06:41 PM
and then you have the guys from Chatham complaining when guys from truro come to their town and vice versa, and so on and so forth what a bunch of crap.

striprman
04-11-2004, 07:55 PM
I lived in Hyannis and West Yarmouth for a couple years.
I caught alot of fish when I lived on the cape.
To many persons in the summer. I like it there after labor day.

capesams
04-11-2004, 08:34 PM

bassmaster
04-11-2004, 08:35 PM
go lay down
you pain in the ass

Billybob
04-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Wow, sounds like you got your problems out there on the Cape BF.
Just be thankful you don't fish in Conn, cause if you bounced a 4 oz. Hopkins off my hull, all your troubles would be over.

It would ALL be over for you.

Bill

Flaptail
04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Larry, I have lived here on Cape going on 21 years now. The changes the Cape has undergone has been unbelievable since 1983. I left a great job, so did my wife where if we had stayed in Central Massachusetts we would be in the multiple six figure range now paywise. I didn't want that and niether did my wife. I moved here to become part of a very special place to live simply and quietly and even with the changes I still think the Cape is one of the nicest places on earth I have ever seen. Our feelings are very strong. So you will excuse me if I express a feeling of ownership.

I made a sacrifice in a lot of ways, I fret over bills and live in a modest 24x32 Cape style house but I wouldn't trade it and my situation for anything. My two daughters were born in a room at the Hospital overlooking Nantucket sound. Cape Codders pay more than the rest of the State for simple grocery items, services, gas, oil etc., simply because we live here and businesses know that they have us by the shortones. For most, if you are not recently retired or filthy rich, living here is a struggle but we all feel it is worth the price.

For two months a year we share this place with visitors and we do this gladly as they are the driving force for most of our economy. But when I see people from off cape here for a vacation or a weekend visit throwing garbage out windows of thier cars and just trashing the place I get pissed off. It's getting to the point though where something has to be done to recognize the people that make this thier year round home and in so doing give priviledge to those of us that made the decision to call this place home over those that come for a short period of time and think that they should enjoy the same priviledges that we do.

The CCNS is different. If it were not for the formation of the CCNS by Pres. Kennedy I shudder to think what the coast from P-Town to Chatham would look like. Still, I do think, and no disrespect to you as you are a good guy, that year round Cape residents should have some privledges that others from off Cape don't. I am looking forward to seeing and fishing with you on the beach this year. Flap.

l.i.fish.in.vt
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Flap,its not only the cape, its the same here in Vt, the east end of LI, and many other places, especilly by the water or in the mountains. as far as visitors making the mess i would debate that , the biggest slobs are locals, both here in VT and the cape.i think even know they say the economy is bad, there are an awful lot of people that have a lot of money. the middle class is a thing of the past, either rich or poor.

Flaptail
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Like here on the Cape I am sure up there in Vermont you have a place where the rich are concentrated in highere numbers because the place is so nice and money also breeds arrogance towards the locals because of the money these people spend on thier waterfront or mountainside homes.

I remember a funny story told to me by a local shellfishermen that works the Bass River area of Yarmouth. One Sunday morning he was working the edge of the river in front of an enormous new house that was newly built on the river. Now this guy had worked the river for 30 years and no one had ever bothered him as this was his way of making a living.

The new owners had just moved in and as he had his pump going in the skiff out comes this woman with her husband out on the dock and she starts yelling at him because apparently the pump in his boat was annoying them. The woman was screaming at him about how much it cost to build the house and how dare he run the pump in his boat at 7 in the morning in front of thier new house and she was going to call the police. The woman kept demanding that he stop but he kept on working as he knew he was in his rights. Finally she screamed, "don't you hear me? What the hell do you think you are doing here! And with that, friend shut the pump off and lookled up at her from his skiff and simply stated, "Mam, I am trying to make a living", whereupon she spun around on the dock called her husband to follow her ( he never said a word) and stormed up the dock to the house.

Minutes later the Dennis police arrived. They never came to speak to the shellfisherman at all. They talked with the woman and her husband and then left. All my friend could hear was the woman screaming in the house about this can't be and some such like that and with that he went on with his work. Money, ugh!

Karl F
04-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I think Flaps last post is it, in a nutshell.

The arrogant attitude of those that feel their $ gives them entitelment(sp?), and the guy who bursts in front of everybody in line, "Hey! HEY!, I'm next!"... I just love looking him in the eye, and saying.. "Sorry, but, your LAST."

I have nothing against anybody who visits here, until they prove otherwise.

Fishermen, and fisherwoman, and their families, are for the most part, top shelf!

L.I., I wont deny there are slobs that live here, but,if ya know me at all, I pick up litter, keep trash bags, heavy gloves, rake, shovel and broom on board... but I got to tell you, my busy time of year is coming in about 6 weeks......

BigFish
04-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Don't take this the wrong way KarlF or anyone else for that matter but it is you and others like you KarlF that harbor the arrogant attitude. Flap you live in Falmouth is it? Karl...Orleans? Does that give you more rights in Provincetown, The Race, Wellfleet or those other places than I who live in Abington??? I think not! I pay taxes, just like you, work hard and sacrifice just like you. I do understand where it is that your bias is coming from, don't get me completely wrong....however bear in mind that the Cape is not an island unto itself! It is part of Massachusetts don't forget and the fact that "The Cape" is separated from "the Mainland", as they say, does not give you special rights above everyone else whether you choose to believe that or not. The National Seashore is Federally Funded and as Flaptail states....thank goodness for that. Also because it is Federally funded by taxes paid by the entire country, some poor slug living in California has just as much right to a permit as I who lives in Abington and you who happens to live "over the bridge". I must agree with Flap in regards to renewing by mail in the future. I think that is the way it will go eventually.

KarlF...re-read the second paragraph in your post and tell me that does not sound a bit arrogant?

I got mine and I assure you all, I will take all of my trash with me when I go, and then some, and put every grain of sand back in place when I am done. Not everyone who comes down there to spend time is a non-caring jackass, but I will give you that most of them are. I see them and I always make a point of addressing the idiots personally when I see them doing something they shouldn't.

Looking forward to hopefully putting this all behind us soon and doing some fishing with each of you as I do think you are a great bunch of people. We all have our own opinions about things and I do respect yours.:btu:

Karl F
04-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Please explain to little old ignorant me.. 8 or 9 people in line, waiting their turns, I'm busy waiting on them, in order.. guy burts thru the door yelling he is next, I'm in a hurry, yeah right, I wasn't raised that way, his turn is last....
Maybe U can explain it different.

BigFish
04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't really understand what you are talking about there KarlF, obviously you had some experience like that, I don't know, but it eludes me there.:huh:

Homerun04
04-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey BF.....grow up....only little kids care what other people think about them.....what do you care what "Cape Codders" think of you simply because you are not from the Cape....don't let others ignorance turn you ignorant....I, too, am not from the Cape, and personally I could care less what those from the Cape think of me.

Learn to love, folks......it makes life a lot easier......

Karl F
04-13-2004, 01:30 PM
FYI, I only see that type May thru Sept, so thats what I base my conclusions on......

BigFish
04-13-2004, 01:35 PM
One thing I am not and have never been is ignorant H04 so I do not appreciate your statement in the least. My number one rule in life, and it has been for a number of years is that I most certainly do not care what anyone thinks of me....love me or hate me, I don't care, I am who I am and I will not change for anyone. I do understand that your post was not meant in a critical way, (not that I care if it was:laugha:). What I do want the Cape folks to understand is that it takes all kinds, no matter where you live or what you do, no matter what group of people you are in there is always going to be a certain percentage of bad apples who ruin it for everyone else. On the Cape, at a ballgame, when you are fishing....always. ;)

Flaptail
04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Larry, I am done with this subject. I said what I said and still believe in it as being right. Anyway, lets go back to talking fishing and yesterday while in line looking out at the beach and the gannets and a couple whale spouts I got the feeling real bad! Some kind of bait was moving south to north and the gannets, gulls and maybe the wahles were feeding on it. Won't be long now, just hope I can hold on till then!

Soon Brothers and Sisters, very soon!:D

BigFish
04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I saw those whales on Saturday also Flap....I am with you! Its all opinions guys and no harm meant. You all have my respect in your opinions and trust me when I tell you....I can use all the friends I can get! Who needs enemies?:happy: Lets fish.

Krispy
04-13-2004, 02:12 PM
I dunno Karl, your gonna blame all this from a few you know where out of town?? Its the rest of the country out there with bad manners? Doesnt happen on the CAPE
I had a roommate from Boston, he was a real #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. So now Im pretty sure all MA guys are #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s :rolleyes:

Karl F
04-13-2004, 02:28 PM
A-holes are from everywhere... my favorite local bumpah stickah says...
"For a small town, we sur have a lot of a-holes!"

And Krispy, my wife, who is never wrong, says I am an a-hole, and truth be known, I was born at Hartford Hospital, so all a-holes MUST be from CT! :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Krispy
04-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Im a New Yorker, we're internationally known a-h's ;)

JohnR
04-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Rho Dyslundahs don't have that problem 'cause most of the time they're afraid to leave the state.

I'm formally and still consider myself a m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. But I DO see this arrogance of the "elite" at various places from South County, to the Cape, to MV and Nantucket. It's said but true that the rarely used 1.5 mil "summer getaway" has infringed on and in many cases displaced the locals. People growing up on MV, Block, or Nantucket (and more and more the Cape I would venture) are being forced OUT and away from their roots. This, I feal, is sad.

TheRattBoy
04-13-2004, 03:54 PM
BigFish, All I get out of this whole thing is, we are the outsiders, no matter how great yer love for fishing or the ocean is and Flap's house is bigger than mine :rolleyes: johnny "tRB"

bassmaster
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes: they come they #^&#^&#^&#^& on us they leave

beachwalker
04-13-2004, 10:00 PM
we don't take no #^&#^&#^&#^& over here.....

think i'm kidding ? :mad:

chris L
04-15-2004, 12:53 PM
seems some are close to being right . everyone is an #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& ! and the more bitching that goes on just proves that point ! anyone need a hanky for them tears ? its kinda like the Florida locals . most are from somewhere else at some point .

JHABS
04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
chris L , For MAYOR

Slipknot
04-15-2004, 03:11 PM
I just like to fish

I'll vote for Chris

MAC
04-16-2004, 06:40 PM
I'll second that vote. Chris it looks like you are elected:cool:

Raider Ronnie
04-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by bassmaster
:rolleyes: they come they #^&#^&#^&#^& on us they leave

The last time I checked isn't tourism the biggest source of revenue on the Cape? :laughs:

Maloney
04-16-2004, 10:32 PM
More arrogant Yuppie a-holes than ever before. Everywhere. No Class. Can't buy class. Ya got or no. And it is independent of your checkbook.

beachwalker
04-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I live in a tourist mecca as well. Most of our guests are super nice, the rest.......... they #^&#^&#^&#^& on us.

Many today live in a world of instant gratification and a me centered mentality. That is true of tourists and townies alike.

The money doesn't mean a god damn thing. I may work my ass off for some lawyer from Boston who thinks he's hot #^&#^&#^&#^&. Cheaps me down (or trys to) on some facet of a business in which I am already a bargain to begin with. I get the old "you guys charge SOOOO much" crap. I look right at them and tell them I am well aware of the labor rates in Boston and that they are dead wrong. They shut up and I work and they pay the bill. well the next contractor buckles and gives them a break. they do it to 10 more guys by claiming poverty, etc. (they are building a multi million $ house for christsakes) and then, RIGHT AT THE END OF THE JOB changes start getting added to the project which amount to tons of $ and do you think they ever once reflect back on their requests for a discount.

This all goes way beyond being classic #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s like many of you transients are.

Live and learn and DON'T be bitter about.

Life is a lot easier to comprehend IF you understand both sides

ain't mad. matter of fact I am chuckling to myself. It is in these times of plenty that I wonder if any of the highenders realise how far it is to the bottom ?

Sure would make the beach issue a non factor now wouldn't it :)

Maloney
04-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes Sir. Went through that when I worked in my Dad's construction business. Just seem to be more and more of them nowadays.

CAL
04-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Beachwalker, you wouldn't happen to be a plumber, would you? :laughs:

bassmaster
04-17-2004, 07:02 AM
No He has a rubber glove
Bend over:laughs:

capesams
04-17-2004, 07:14 AM
bm ..I know u just woke up[ya right] smiles ain't aloud:mad:

beachwalker
04-17-2004, 07:32 AM
:laughs: :laughs:

dealing with some of you boys makes me definetly put on the rubber gloves :eek:

you pond fishing over there grumpy ?

not a plumber.

do things with wood

dutch39
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Cape Cod
Been there--Done that.
Rhode Island is better--less traffic and more fish.:claps: :claps:

Karl F
04-23-2004, 11:24 AM
dutch... you are 100% right, but don't let the cat outta the bag!
:eek:

dutch39
04-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Oops-Sorry:hidin:

MikeF
04-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Better drivers and better roads in RI too! :mad: :mad:

beachwalker
04-23-2004, 06:55 PM
who needs roads.........:laughs:

Raven
04-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Fishin with BIGFISH.... he da man :laughs: :laughs: [seriously]

Tagger
04-26-2004, 07:23 PM
I hate ya all . ...stay away from my rock u inbred sister kissers..Stay out of Barter Town .. !!!! I don't like anyone !especially u..Go sit on your silly uncles lap where u belong ..your the main attraction a P town ..:af:

grampa old spook
04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
and you wonder why i hate going to mass,too many arseholes what think they own the frign world even though they dont live where theyre going to fish.i miss the cape but i dont miss the snotbag out of towners pissin on everyone acting like a frign idiot thinking they know it all,when ya realize that puddle of piss your standing in aint no better than your piss poor attitude you might realize something,dont stand in piss with your socks on in a new england forum,very few people were cool though who did in effect live on the cape me included at one time back when the cape was a prairie and 10 bucks would get you 2 boxes of clams and a six pack with smoke if your lucky way before morons like you ran all over race point in bermuda shorts.abington huh? figures.hope you got kevlar next time you fling metal at a boat with someone like me onboard it.try midol honey,maybe it'll cure ya brain cramp.i bet your the type who mugs peoples spots and then whines all day that theyres no fish to boot..this is the most piss poorest post ever to hit this forum to troll with i have ever seen.

beachwalker
04-27-2004, 04:35 AM
just stay up in maine then you ignorant bastard.

if I generalized about mainers I'd be ignorant too

BigFish
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
cause you are obviously missing the point of why I posted this thread. It is water under the bridge now anyway. As long as you stay up in Maine we should all be ok down here!:laugha:

Why are my socks wet???:huh:

:tooth:>smilie from Maine!:rotfl:

grampa old spook
04-27-2004, 12:03 PM
lmao,is that the best you have cupcakes? have fun down there.its bad enough with the tourists coming here anyhow.i will be thinkin of ya when traffics backed up for miles on rt6 lmao......

grampa old spook
04-27-2004, 12:04 PM
by the way kiddies,i was born and raised in mass and it still sucks.enjoy it while you can for what its worth..

BigFish
04-27-2004, 01:11 PM
and I am not gonna waste my best on you!;) I am trying to ease up on being "too" confrontational. I think there are a$$holes just about anywhere ya look these days GOS.....am I right?:uhuh: What part of Maine would you be livin' in? I love it up there. I make a couple trips a year up there, (usually in the early spring or late fall....avoid the a$$hole tourists). I head up to Boothbay and Bar Harbor.....with the obligatory "must stop" at Moody's Diner for, oh....just about anything on the menu! Ya ever been to Moody's?:D

Tagger
04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't for a minute believe anybody in here is a sister kisser.. no tongue anyway ..just came out .. felt threatened.. pleeez stay off my rock... thank u ..

beachwalker
04-27-2004, 08:26 PM
jeez grampa you are a real dipshiite.

good riddance :laughs:

bassmaster
04-28-2004, 08:34 PM
tadpole

Raven
04-28-2004, 10:09 PM
and if ya get to close i'll run ya thru:af: