View Full Version : Narrow River Report in the Journal

rwilhelm
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Tom Meade wrote in today's paper that schoolies are being caught in the Narrow River. I am thinking they must be holdovers not new arrivals, what do you guys think?

Crafty Angler
04-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Probably holdovers, haven't seen the Sunday Projo yet -

There used to be a viable winter fishery for bass in the Narrow River. In fact they used to chop holes in the ice and pour acid in them to get the bass to come up so they could be caught - netted or gigged, I would guess.

But, that was then and this is now is the way that tune goes.

cheferson
04-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Crafty , what was the acid for?

Crafty Angler
04-11-2004, 10:41 AM
The colors, man, the colors. :p

No, really, the bass would get it in their gills, get flushed out of their hidey holes and rise to the surface gasping.

Not real sporting, but it worked.

Nebe
04-11-2004, 10:46 AM
yeah theres fish in the river, but there aren't alot. I've been trying to find them and havent had any sucess:smash:
Heres the deal- everyone is so insanely wanting to catch bass now that if one person catches one, word is going to spread like wildfire and this is what is happening with the river. I know who caught those fish and he's not even fishing there anymore... it happened last week and he's moved on to where he knows they will be now. I cnat wait to drive down there and see 30 report chasers chasing a ghost:D

blackeye
04-11-2004, 06:23 PM
so that wasn't you chasing yesterday?:laughs:

rwilhelm
04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah I am not planning on fishing there until at least May before that I cannot imagine too much action. I have learned not to get too excited about Tom Meade's reports but hey at least there is some action being reported in South County.

Nebe
04-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by blackeye
so that wasn't you chasing yesterday?:laughs:

I was testing plugs:rolleyes:

Crafty Angler
04-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Maybe it's coincidence, but I just saw an email tellin' me that my mailbox is full at S-B.com and the PM couldn't be delivered - one of 'em was from somebody named SchoolieB....hmmmmm.....:confused:...beats me, never heard of him.

But I'll let ya know if I hear from him soon.

Or her, as the case may be. :p

cheferson
04-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Did any dead heads float up with the bass crafty?