View Full Version : Weymouth docks in

wjm
04-16-2004, 11:27 AM
My Mom lives accross the street and reports the docks are in at the Weymouth ramp:D

Van
04-16-2004, 11:39 AM
:happy: :happy: :happy:

I'll use the ramp til the marina is all set. It's nice this time of year cause there aint no yuppie boaters yet, just serious fisher-people.

wjm
04-16-2004, 12:32 PM
The yuppies are a pain but the friggin idiots can really screw things up. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive....

RockLobsta
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
I used to use that ramp till I went down there last fathers day and found no water!! They should dredge that area so you can get in when the tides real low........

wjm
04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
I have a 20'cc and only a couple times with a full moon did I have to wait an hour. Of course I've also been going there for 15 or so years and know the routine. The real trick is to stay about 20 feet
off the shore on your port untill you can head straight for the closest large moorings. Or stay in the marked channel when they get around to putting the markers in. Even at low tide the little channel is good for about 3.5 - 4 feet.

Van
04-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by wjm
The yuppies are a pain but the friggin idiots can really screw things up. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive....

The thing that cured me of that friggin ramp, was a nice summer day (years ago) that I took the family out, it got cloudy around 2 and cooled off a bit. The kids wanted to go home, and the wife too. Got in line at the ramp and waited almost 2 hours to get out. Tempers were flaring around us when someone tried to cut in... yelling, cursing. So I got my hands over my kid's ears....thinking NEVER AGAIN.
Got a slip the next season. :) :)

There have been some other stories of that ramp posted here in the past.

RockLobsta
04-16-2004, 02:13 PM
It was a lunar tide and also the first year with the boat so I opted out. I do like the location and will use it on occasion but you really have to look at the tides...

I am partial to the north shore and have done most of my boating in that area.....

quick decision
04-16-2004, 02:14 PM
I use the ramp only to take my boat in and out beacuse I have a mooring. I live down the street and see it almost every other day. It dose get crowded. And I see a line there all the time. You can always screw down to old salt in Hingham. But watch the tide there to. The waiting at the line stuff convinced me to get a mooring.

BigBo
04-16-2004, 09:59 PM
I like to use that ramp too, but only on weekdays or off season. Things get very ugly there when everyone's trying to get out at the same time. If I do decide to use it on a weekend, I'm in before sunrise and out before 1:00.