View Full Version : Stripers in the Warwick area?

mike
07-10-2001, 10:47 PM
Hello,

My father-in-law keeps his boat in Warwick (Apponaug). Where are some of the better places to try for stripers in that area? And what seems to work best?

JohnR
07-11-2001, 07:56 AM
Mike, welcome aboard...

There are fish really on both sides of the bay and heading south. The size will vary from time to time but I've caught keepers from boat and shore from Warwick Neck down across some of the islands (at night is the only time I was going). Be sure to get a REAL GOOD map and learn it well as in addition to just prop busters along the shores there are hull crackin' rocks too. Of course that's where the fish are ;D :P :o

Best stuff to use? Live eels and bunker/cut bunker. There are some variations of the bunker fishing that is an art down there that I don't know and would probably be hanged for telling if I did :o ... There is also trolling a tube and worm SLOWLY as said in other posts but the typical anchor and chunk method seems more than weak these days...

Clammer
07-11-2001, 11:12 AM
Mike if I had to fish the upper bay this time of the year it would be at night. but if your daytime fishing your best bet would be the original tube and worm rig fished on the s/w dropoff at Hog Island or the t+w on the N/e side of Prudance Island // last anchor up on the East side of the same / drops off quickly ---chunck heavly/ good luck