View Full Version : gamakatsu siwash hooks vs mustad..???

crashfromamesbury
04-20-2004, 10:31 AM
vmc's in 6/0 are almost non existant and will be gone sooner than later ..and i have heard that people here are not liking the mustads because they are (or can be )brittle..

but what are your opinions on the gamakatsu siwash??

need some help with this because i can get the mustads locally for 42$ per 100 but would rather go with the gamakatsu because they are so much sharper.. do they have problems like the mustads?

please point me in the right direction.. (as long as its not off the wrong end of the pier..)

thanks

BassAssasin
04-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Gami's in general are a higher quality hook ( at least the hooks that I have used). I have never used the Gami siwash. I am guessing that you will pay at least double the price you pay for the mustads though. Ever price the trebles? If you find a good price on the Gami's please PM me, I am also looking for another source. Thanks. BA

Crow
04-21-2004, 11:44 AM
I have not seen these in person, but, Eagle Claw has a new Siwash hook in SS, wide gap, open eye size 4/0-8/0.
# L 208 SS. If I can find them I'll give them a try. They claim to solved the problem of the eye being brittle and snapping.