View Full Version : Anyone from NH & MA border know wany good bait shops?

JasonJ
07-12-2001, 11:43 AM
I live in Manch, NH, I plan on heading down 93 to 495 to the Salsbury or Newburyport area for a little night fishing. anyone know of any good bait shops open late? and anyone know how late you can fish at salsbury state park or Plumb Island for?

JohnR
07-12-2001, 12:53 PM
Surfland at Plum Island has a great rep...

Striperbum
07-12-2001, 08:29 PM
Jason - There are at least three bait shops located on Rt. 110 east after ya get off Rt. 495 or Rt. 95 on your way to Salisbury State Park. The first one is located in Crossroads Plaza (opposite Dodge dealer) follow yellow BAIT sign on your right . They are open till at least 9 pm most nights. The next is Elm St. Bait - located another mile or so east of Crossroads Plaza on your left (not sure of hrs here) again look for yellow BAIT sign on yer left. The last is Tim's Bait located approx. a mile before entrance to Salisbury State Park on your right - they are open till at least 9 also (home based business). The state charges an admission fee to the park and I believe you must leave the area by 10 pm - something to do with the camping area.

If you choose to go to Plum Island stop in @ Surfland on the island like John R recommends. They are located on your right approx. 200 yds. after you arrive on the island proper. Excellent tackle and bait store and they are open till 9 or 9:30 most nights. They will give you sage advice on where the best fishing has been. You can fish all night on PI - just make sure you park legally (watch signs posted all over). You best bet is take the left after Surfland and go straight north till you reach the big parking lot @ the northern tip of the island. Fishing is usually good anywhere between Captain's fishing charters docks and the "south" jetty 3/4 of a mile due east!
Good luck and don't forget your bug spray!
Fish on!
Rich

JasonJ
07-13-2001, 06:02 AM
Thanks guy's,you've been a big help. I hate driving an hour or so blindly. Thanks for the directions Bum!