View Full Version : Stripers on the move

MTC
04-27-2004, 08:11 AM
While in CT last week I fished the mouth of the CT river and landed schoolies up to 20" on small Storm Wild Eyes off a spot called "The Woodlot" The action was great on light Quantum spinning rigs.

The water was closing in on 50 degrees in the river and 42-45 in the Sound. Looking at the Hudson reports the Long Island Sound heard of fish that come from the Hudson River have droped there eggs and are heading our way.

Reports and water temps from Cape May NJ (52 deg Ocean Temps) indicate that that heard of fish are doing the same. This is the group that ends up in the cape and Boston area.

A great website to folllow the fish is stripertracker.org.

Get your gear ready Striper Lovers!

04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Water temps in the Salt Ponds was 51-52 degrees over the weekend, out front at PJ light it was 45 degrees we are getting real close....

Rappin Mikey
04-27-2004, 10:33 AM
They're already landing fish over 30" in Enfield. I'm giving the glorious banks of the CT in Holyoke a shot tomorrow AM. Water temp is already 55+ around here. I'll let you guys know how I do. I've been nailing fish in the Themes for over a week already (some of them with sea lice) so the freshies are here.

MTC
04-27-2004, 10:42 AM
The Sea Lice is probably a holdover stripers

quick decision
04-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Do you think it would be a bad idea to e-mail those little kids there striper stuffed and backed on my dinning room table?