View Full Version : The Macs Are Running Again

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Just got through shooting Tattoo's latest batch of wood for his website - here's the blue mackeral out of a group of 18.

I just happened to have it near an original Denton mackeral I have the first time I looked at it - damn, the kid's gettin' scary.

Yeah, wood is good.

missing link
04-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Crafty Angler
his website

web site eh?

i swear i'm gonna get my hand's on one of thoes some day:D

lookin good tat!

mikecc
04-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Does that mean coming soon to a store near you!!!

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 06:39 PM
While I'm not authorized to speak for the Inkman, I would say so, Mike. I'm sure he'll chime in here at some point to give ya the poop.

I'll show ya a couple that put a bulge in my baggy tweeds - hey, ya know, I could have another career in Plug Smut.... check out these...

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Ooooh baaby, ooooh baaaby....

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 06:51 PM
So whaddya think of the new blue swirl pattern? Pretty freakin' nifty, huh?

Of course, as photographer I get to keep the sample as is customary in the trade.....heheheheheheheh :p

THEY'RE MINE, I TELL YOU, MINE MINE MINE MINE.

(I think I need a plug intervention here)

missing link
04-27-2004, 06:53 PM
New colors :btu:

so... when will this website be ready for viewing?

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
No idea, Link - I think I'm further along with mine for The Angler's Art than he is with Tattoo's Tackle site - which ain't saying much. But hopefully I'm gonna get a turbo-boost from a local webmaster who likes to fish for striped bass, too ;) -

Inkman's MIA I guess, I left a mesage on his machine a while ago - I'll bet he's huffin' sawdust in the shop as we type -

cheferson
04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Those new colors are sweet!!Its looking like I might have to sell all my hab's and tattoos to pay rent this month.:( :af:

RIROCKHOUND
04-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Chef, god forbid that happens, PM me... also I still have your calimari for ya.... just been hectic here...

mikecc
04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/ups/deepblue/long_smile.gif

ThrowingTimber
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
:cheers: :humpty: :jump: Wow must get some

TheRattBoy
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
CA, That blue marble is sweeet:kewl: , I still love the pink mac best, gotta get some more of those babies:D johnny "tRB"

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Yup, the pink mac ain't too shabby either.

missing link
04-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Crafty Angler
Yup, the pink mac ain't too shabby either.

:drool:

Slingah
04-27-2004, 07:43 PM
very nice lookin plugs:D

TheRattBoy
04-27-2004, 07:44 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: Look even better in person, although those are really nice pics:cool: johnny "tRB"

Raven
04-27-2004, 07:49 PM
paint job !! looks like artificial corian counter top coloration. how the heck did you do that? Just curious because in my trade ocasionally you have to repair a counter top rather than replace it.
hopefully its not a super secret process.:confused:

Fish On
04-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Nice plugs! Actually I was trying to figure out today when the macks will be running for real outside the Merrimack River (between Gloucester and the Isle of Shoals). Any guesses on when the peak time will be for loading up on these babies with Sabiki Rigs? First 2 weeks of June sound right? Earlier? Later?

rizzo
04-27-2004, 08:02 PM
those blue ones are unbelievable :eek:

Nebe
04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I caught a nice bass that was about 25 inches today on one of the Tat-man's 1 oz swimmers :boots:
then caught some more on my homemade plugs:D
Then caught some more on rubba:happy:

It was a good day to be on the water:happy: :happy: :happy:

David Manzi
04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Mike,,,, I need one of those...........................

macojoe
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Them are real nice!!! Makes me wish I used plugs :gf:

The real deal will be running here on the Cape right after mothers day!!

Crafty Angler
04-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey Eben, please, I still gotta finish the shoot for Tattoo :rolleyes: I've been tryin' to keep one business goin' while giving the other a mighty boot in the arse to get it off the ground - the 1 oz swimmers are next. (I promise, Mike.)

Then comes the shoot for the 'X-2'....as soon as testing is done. It may be in production soon, the way I understand it. I think it might become popular :laughs:

I've also seen the 'X-1' prototype, which is Hab's. The prototype is abso-#$^%@%##-lutely awesome. Y'ain't seen nothin' yet.

You guys are gonna poop.

Notaro
04-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Fish smut, Uncle Crafty? If you are going to sell fish smut, then you are the next fish ron jeremy. Sorry for the hijacking.

BigFish
04-28-2004, 06:57 AM
:humpty: OOOhhhh yeahh, I like those plugs!!!:drool:

Tattoo
04-28-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm glad everyone likes the plugs. There will be some new colors coming out along with some new designs.

I was lucky to be taken under the wing from the moustache man himself - maybe I should play the lottery too?

Yes, there will be a website, and yes they are coming to a store near you soon. (Soon as I put all 300+ together and deliver them)

On another note, I have been fortunate to be able to express my opinions on some of the creations that The Anglers Art is going to produce, and let me say the stuff is amazing. Mr & Mrs. Crafty have over 50 years in the photo world and it shows by the work they are producing. If your looking for high end quailty angling and natual history art work these are the people to talk to.

There latest work is "Gamefish of the New England Surf"

It's images of the prized gamefish ( Striped Bass, Bluefish, Bonito etc ) over a watermarked image of a 1921 Surfcaster. All the fish images are digitally re-mastered Dentons printed on some kind of magic fairy dust paper. It's like nothing I have ever seen.

Maybe if we ask Uncle Crafty to post an image he would......

Show the folks your stuff Chuck - and keep your pants on this time.:happy:

Mrs. Crafty
04-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Mike - that's very nice of you to say that.

We are going to sound like a real mutual admiration society here, but I guess it's true. We are dedicated to what we do with our imaging just like you are dedicated to making fine plugs from wood. Your paint schemes are really like works of art, especially that last batch that Chuck showed me. They are just beautiful!

We have lots of stuff to finish up and the NE Gamefish print is finally in production now (thank God!) - the reactions and comments we have gotten so far have been very encouraging.

I don't know if anyone realizes how long it takes to produce an image like that. I know you do because of your background, but it takes hours, probably more than a hundred on that one image.
I guess that's why it takes somebody like a Ted Turner to pay for digital remastering of old film- the cost would be prohibitive if we weren't doing it ourselves in-house. We're pretty pleased with it now.

Thanks again. Oh, by the way, does Mrs. Tattoo help with the plugs? I don't think I ever asked. :)