View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
04-30-2004, 08:40 AM
What's up for the weekend??

Fish are here from CT to Boston, holderovers have dropped out their winter lairs, herring are getting abused, good weather is here - What Are You Doing??

Gonna ATTEMPT to go out fishing this weekend.

Notaro
04-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Today- UMASS Amherest 's Asian Nite Liondance and Martial arts performance.

Saturday-Gonna hit Onset and wareham and Canal.

Sunday-KF and hwk

bart
04-30-2004, 08:47 AM
i hear you there Notaro, i gotta $hit-ton of work to do. gonna get my first fish of the season today hopefully

Notaro
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
And I'm way f**king behind my homeworks. RM got a 20 lber and a local weymouth caught a 40 lbs bass. I need my schoolies and cow, Bart.

The Dad Fisherman
04-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Kids got Baseball tonight

Both have Soccer tomorrow, Gonna go out on the pond in the Canoe tomorrow night w/ a few Frosties and hunt down some Largemouth

Sunday Gonna work on the House all day.

Did manage to snag 4 schoolies this past wednesday on the parker river.....So things are starting to look up in this area

STEVE IN MASS
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Wife just left to visit family in Jersey, so.......

Smoked ribs at my place this evening with a friend from NH, then we are headed out early tomorrow morning to catch a ton of fish at a particular point to the south......:)

Peter Lajoie
04-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Working tonight

Fish all morning and night on saturday

Paintball after some more fishing on sunday.

CSK
04-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Packing my crap to move on Thursday:( :( :af:

Mr. Sandman
04-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Hope to make more progress on several of my ongoing projects. But I think I can find some time to test the waters again for a couple hours. A few schoolies are fun but looking at my past records show the main body of fish don't really show up in force till mid may...sometimes late may. No matter it is fun just to be out there after the winter.

fishweewee
04-30-2004, 10:53 AM
working Sat and Sun :(

NilsC
04-30-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm going out for a couple of hours Sat morning... with MtnBrz1.

The rest of the weekend I'm helping Don at King Cove with the Open House Spring Fling. It looks like it will be a success :D
Good deals on kayaks, tackle and boats there Events listingl (http://www.kingcoveoutfitters.com/content/events_content/events_index.html)

Hope to see some of you there.... unless you are fishing!

NilsC

***nils, you missed the "l" after "htm" ***

Rappin Mikey
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
going to try and break 30# tomorrow
working on the boat Sun

basswipe
04-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Gonna try to get the girlfriend to join me fishing tonight,otherwise
Fridaynight's going to be a couch night.
But definitely going tomorrow night.Hopefully get that first keeper
of the year.Took forever last year.

RIJIMMY
04-30-2004, 11:28 AM
yardwork and errands tomorrow day, fishing tomorrow night.
Sunday, heading to M&Ds to pick up my rods and going to a petting zoo with wife and daugter in Brewster.

Good luck to everyone fishing this weekend!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Youngmoon74
04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Goin fishin all nite tonight, just gotta decide where.....:confused:

Saltheart
04-30-2004, 11:54 AM
All the weekends are busy now. fishing tonight!!!

Sat building and romancing , Sunday , maybe CCRI computer show , other errands , etc

Shawn B
04-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Well lets see going to go fishing after work for a couple of hours tonight. Then tomorrow some more fishing, haven't decided where yet but most I'm thinking the North River right now but not sure. Then on sunday get the boat out to either waquoit or buzzards bay depending on the wind. I did all the stuff around the house and all the yard work the last few weekends so now I can concentrate on getting some fish.

Moses
04-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Freshwater bass fishing tonite after work
Saltwater some time either sat or sun
Brother's flying in from Chicago for a couple of days so will probably be late afternoon/early evening fishing vs morning.....

teezer
04-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Putting the boat in the water to see if it still floats. I might as well bring a couple of rods.:D

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Opening day on the cape! My rods are rigged, my waders are packed, I think they have a hole in them, I don't give a shugar. I need some stripers.

I'm determined to up my shore fish total from last year which was 7 in three trips. One keeper.

If I can do that tomorrow, I'll launch the boat next weekend and be done with the sand for the year :)

Except for when the blues hit the cape thick. I have to do that this year.

Sunday is the Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome Walk at the Breakheart Reservation in Saugus. My girls are now almost 18 months old and are doing great. They are in wonderful health. We have over 300 people walking this year which is great.

My wife's work had an auction to benefit a charity and they selected the TTTS Walk for all the proceeds. I donated a "guided" trip out on Boston Harbor which brought in $150 (suckers)... all in all, they raised $5K just from her work. Pretty cool.

So help me hold off the rain that supposed come on Sunday... I have no suggestions on how to do that.

Here's recent pics.

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Alyssa is a trouble maker. She is infamous for finding something, like a tube of toothpaste, and just disappearing. This hiding place was not secret enough.

Although, Jess is the one that emptied a couple gallons of water from our poland springs cooler... so maybe they are both trouble.

There is supposed to be a story in the Patriot Ledger today about the walk and our girls, so if anyone gets that, check it out.

Saltheart
04-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll trade you all my fishing gear (a huge collection) plus both my trucks for either one of them! :)

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I might make that deal for this one. She knows everything so she's good to have around. And when I say she knows everything, I mean "EVERYTHING".... all you have to do is ask her.

And she talks alot, so she shares all this knowledge she has.

Its funny to hear my wife complain about her, because they act exactly the same and I'm sure that my wife was just as fresh at that age. In fact, I have it on good authority that she (wife) was.

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 02:55 PM
That story will be in the Ledger tomorrow (sat).

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Salty, did I hijack this thread... sorry, it was an accident.

Yes, I'm extremely hyperactive today. I guess i picked the wrong week to start smoking, taking amphetamines, and sniffing glue again.

Mr. Sandman
04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Oooooh, trix!:D

schoolie monster
04-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Sandman, I figure I don't have to worry about it, 'cause I'll be divorced, poling around a flats boat in the keys for beer money by then.

Considering how fast I seem to be losing my mind, I don't think I'll be able to do much more than that.

jugstah
04-30-2004, 03:58 PM
just got back in from fishing the canal for a few hours, boy, was it brutal out there this afternoon, cold and windy... there were white caps... the wind was biting... the cape was like 61 according to the truck temps, but passing carver on my way home, it was 77 degrees, dramatic diff...

anyway, gonna go out again tomorrow

redlite
04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Try to figure out how to wash my hockey equipement so they don't make me sit at the end of the bench by myself anymore. The smell could wake the dead.
Definately gonna catch this weekend. Just a matter of where.

Slingah
04-30-2004, 05:49 PM
working Sat & Sun:(
gonna try to get out at some point:)