View Full Version : New Trailer Problems

macojoe
05-06-2004, 09:08 PM
SOB!!! I called today to see that my new trailer was ready for Sat pick up and the guy did not call me back!! I called him 5 times before he called to say , Yea I have your trailer a 4 BUNK!! I said No FU$K Way!! I ordered a roller trailer!!
Not at that price! He says. I say why the hell would I say I wanted a bunk trailer when we were walking all over looking at 3 different Brand trailers and I never saw a bunk and was asking if the trailer I was getting had the yellow rollers??
He said that they pay $2100 for the trailer and that they are not going to make a dime on this!! I said not my problem! I ordered a roller trailer and I want a roller trailer!!
He said I will call you back and was gone. He called back about 1/2 hour later to say that they were sending the bunk trailer and getting me a roller trailer for the same deal. But had no idea when!! I said I have a guy buying my old trailer and that he is coming Sat, as he was going to come last Mon and they didn't have the trailer then eaither and that I ordered the dam thing March 22 and that it is now May 7 and I still have no trailer!
I want it now!! He said hey we all make mistakes!! I said well fix it!!
I asked to speak with hs boss or the owner or who ever! He said he would have to call back?? Here we go again!! He called 45 min later to say the new trailer will be there Fri and I can get on sat!!
I said isd this writen in stone or just a brush off! He said I was welcome to take my deposit back and go some where else!! Well this pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! I said I have a old trailer and if I have to not sell it thats ok by me but they were going to give me a roller trailer if it takes a year!! And I was willing to go to court!!
He dsaid it will be ready Sat morning and me to call him tomorrow to confrim!

All I got to say is that it better be there!!
I feel better now that I have vented!! Thanks for listing to a raving nut!!:af: :af: :af:

Vectorfisher
05-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Thats all right I ripped my boat and trailer out of a yard because it sat there for a week and just needed a bearing seal covered by warranty, they promised same day I dropped it off would be done F&$# them never spend another dime there again.

MTC
05-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Edgwood Trailers has the best prices from ME to CT

401-461-0068...I got 4 trailers from him all rollers.

Tell him Tom told you about him and call in the PM (after 2PM) because he has a morning job.

He is an ex Nam Pilot and a great pearson.

jugstah
05-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Ouch, Macojoe, that hurts...

Next time, you know what you need to do... take your business elsewheres.

macojoe
05-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Well as of right now the trailer is promised to be there tomorrow morning?? And I no from looking around that I am not going to get a trailer for that price again!!
So I will go down there and get the trailer in the AM and hope it is there?? When i have paided for it and have the paper work in hand I will then tell him what I think of him and never go back!!

This is not the first time I have heard bad things of this place! But one of my fishing buddys no the guy and said he will fix you right up, Yea right!! He fixed me up all right.

Well I will let you guys no what I get in the am if anything at all??

fishsmith
05-07-2004, 08:52 AM
That sucks, hopefully it'll just be a bad experience you can forget about while fishing the sound saturday afternoon.

Van
05-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Hope it works out for you.

Good Luck.
V.

beamie
05-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Hope everything works out for you.

I am not a trailer guy but after hopefully you strighten this situation out, how about the name of this business so all the trailer guys can avoid him in the future.

Not a good business establishment to pull a bait and switch.:af:

JON

macojoe
05-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Well I am on my way down there in about a 1/2 hour so we shall see what is going to happen??
I am not even calling the guy to make sure!! Not going to give him another chance to back out! Just going to go there and hope and pray :rolleyes:

macojoe
05-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Its here!! I gotmthere this morning and it was there just like he said!!
But he was pretty pissed off and we did not say much to each other and i was in and out in about 15 min!!
Thats ok They will never be seeing any of my money again any way!!

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/macojoe/Picture_096.jpg

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/macojoe/Picture_095.jpg

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

jugstah
05-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Congrats, man!!!!

I'm glad the situation worked out in spite of that guy's utter incompetence!!!!

"uffah!!"
05-08-2004, 11:51 AM
How about it macojoe, can I use your new trailer for a couple of hours? I only have to go about ten miles to Oakland Beach!

macojoe
05-09-2004, 03:03 PM
2 hours?? It will take you that long just to get here to the cape to pick it up!!

angler management
05-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Good luck with the new trailer.

It looks like the same thing I have.

Surge brakes on it? That's what I have. I hall my boat about 50 miles to the ocean every weekend, with out any problems.

Now swaying or anything. Hardly know it's there, Untill you take out a few parked cars:D

I can relate to bad service, I bought my boat from a place I can not stand! Very poor service! Live and learn!