View Full Version : Nelson's anyone?

Karl F
05-07-2004, 10:25 PM
/

MAC
05-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Need to sell alot of sand eels to make your money back.....Then what happens after the 10 years is up?

CAL
05-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Lease? Inventory sold seperately? What do you get for the 1/4 million?

Uncle Matt
05-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Inventory must include lots & lots of Habs plugs!

Charleston
05-09-2004, 01:54 PM
The few times that I have been to Nelson'd I find a less that well stocked B&T. The items they do have are not what I consider to be of good quality. Yes, some name brand items but alot of knock offs.
The 240K price is insane for the Name and fixtures. They are hireing an employee that will "pay" them to run it.

mikecc
05-09-2004, 03:03 PM
you would be a fool to even think of buying at that price. If they want out someone will just Open up around the corner and could fill it with a hundred grand of tackle and be ahead of the game.

RickBomba
05-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Only problem is that land in ptown is hard to come by.
My uncle buys every available parcel for development right now...
I'd buy but it's way too high...for the 240 I'd buy the whole property, no way for a lease.
Later,
Rick

BigFish
05-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Blackbeards in Eastham is a much better B & T anyway, they got a great selection of stuff in a shop that is 1/3 as big. Alot more helpful and friendly too. I always try to stay away from Nelsons anyway! Great location for the right person/sucker!:laughs:

BigFish
05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
:D Thats my home B & T.:happy:

JohnR
05-11-2004, 10:31 AM
My only problem with Blackbeards is when I go into a tackle store that uses a big wood swimmer as a logo and I can't find any big wood swimmers :smash: ...

At least Nelsons HAD big wood ...

BigFish
05-11-2004, 03:18 PM
JohnR....I believe they are bringing in Salty's plugs! (I hope). Anyway, if you are fishing down there, and you don't bring em' with ya.......if you gotta buy them down there even when you do find em' they cost an arm and a leg! Like I said, I try to stay out of Nelsons as a rule, but if I need something that Blackbeards does not have, I will go there.:D

UserRemoved1
05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Blackbeard's has my plugs now. Please support Paul, and if you don't see something you want ASK him.

MBOO235
05-16-2004, 06:13 PM
have only been to the cape twice and from my experience blackbeards is cleaner,friendlier and has much more info and stock.nelsons didnt even have ANY diamond jigs!!!I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.MAYBE IF IT DOES HAVE A NEW OWNER BUT AT THAT PRICE YOUR NUTS.THEY MUST THINK THERE THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN.
SINCERELY,
DISGRUNTLED IN N.J.

BigFish
09-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Have they closed for the season yet? Last year they closed right after Labor Day weekend! Best fishing time of the year and they closed!:smash:

That place was just a ghost of its former self this season!:(

MAC
09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
inventory included :laughs: :laughs: wonder what ya get....3 rusty hooks and some stinky bait.:laughs: :laughs: Still a joke. They are still about 180K too high.

Bob Thomas
09-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Has anyone confirmed that this ad was for Nelsons? I remember a few years back, they bought the "Tackle Box" from Tony. Wonder if maybe that is the one? Just curious..........

Charleston
09-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Big Fish, Charleston here :D
Hey, I fished the P'town area last year during the last week of Sept. and first week of Oct.. Nelson's was open then.
Question, if you have to pay 18K/yr for lease (building) and you can purchase the inventory for cost, what does the 240K buy??

Charleston
09-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I was in there last week. The guy replaced a rod tip for free. Nice guy. I cannot see where there is a damn thing to pay 200K for!!
Open a new place down the street.
I would expect that the striped bass mecca would have a B&T that would be 2nd2nun :D

BigFish
09-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Charleston....I find that to be the biggest shame of all.....that Race Point/P-Town does not have a first class, top-o-the line B & T shop!:smash: With all the fishable water and the huge amount of people who drive on the beach to fish, you would think some sharp person would open up a new shop along the lines of the Goose Hummock!:confused: My .02 cents.;)

MikeTLive
09-23-2004, 01:35 PM
So we need to form a collective and buy it, and then stock it as we see fit.

Problem is, who here would want to work it when the fish are runnin?

:)

redlite
09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Past years I used to live in there shootin the bull and get some of my best info as to where they were hittin, cause every tourist would come in blabberin away all excited about where, when, and how they caught the fish they were weighin in.
Many mental notes made.

Haven't even been in there ONCE this year. In fact, I have only been down that far once so far this year, and it was late and I was gone early.

A shame to see it have deteriated from what it once was.

Charleston
09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Larry,
As you may know I live here on the Jersey Shore. We have a "Full Service" B&T that is open 24/7 during the season. Then they close and go to Florida for 3 months.

I will run the new B&T in P'Town. Maybe put it in No. Truro on rte 6. Name it "Tip of the Cape Bait and Tackle"

I'll sell custom made plugs from the board for $30 each and be out of them all the time. :D
Hey I even have the Mass accent :laughs:

BigFish
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Sea-5....want to go partners?:D

Charleston
09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Larry, Hell yes, I can see it now
"M#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'S BAIT and TACKLE" :D
If you want your name first on the letter head it will cost you 2 plugs:happy:

MikeTLive
09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Sea-5, Bigfish - so far it looks like I have two members for my collective.

anyone else?

Charleston
09-24-2004, 03:39 PM
So, by saying "your collective" you're the boss! Good, I want to put in for 5 weeks vacation now so there will be no confusion later :D
M#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s's Bait and Tackle :happy: :happy:

BigFish
09-24-2004, 03:52 PM
I want May, June, September and October off!;) Sound good boss?:happy:

MikeTLive
09-24-2004, 11:52 PM
time off eh? :lasso: get thee to thy lathe and start spinning!!

Charleston
09-25-2004, 09:46 AM
OK now that we have that out of the way! I am out of bodies and could use a few while I get going again. Does anyone have a few they can spare? TIA

Jenn
09-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Anyone in their right mind wouldnt pay that kind of ching for "the name" or inventory....location is the key that has kept them alive. this year inventory has been the biggest joke (WHAT INVENTORY??) and lets not even talk about the quality of the bait. It has sucked the big one. I will drive the opposite direction to by from Pamet B&T or the other one on rt 6 by the bike shop (sorry the name slips my mind everytime...but I know how to find it!) if nothing else I hope Nelson's loss is their gain, these two places treat you like they actually WANT your business, two good eggs in my book!

I have decided there are only two things I will miss about Nelson's...the "on the way" location and one employee.

Backbeach Jake
09-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Been going to Nelson's since Tony shut down. Before that it was Race Run. Had to stop the Nelson's run this season because they just didn't have anything. Pamet B&T has my business now. And if I feel up to the drive Blackbeards. What a pity that P-Town doesn't have a first rate B&T.

ReelChitty
09-30-2004, 08:18 PM
BackBeach where is B&T, thats not the place next to Boat Dealership? I must say Nelson's doesn't have a good selection anymore.

Charleston
09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
RC;
When heading toward P'town on rt. 6 turn left on Pamet roads in Truro. The B&T is on the left.