View Full Version : I hafta rant!

Bob Thomas
05-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok....don't know if I belong in this forum.......yet, but this needs to be said.........

GAS STATIONS ARE CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our local station, which was the cheapest and still, believe it or not is, went from $1.71 to $1.85 in no more than a week! Other areas are $2.00!! This sux!! $35 to fill my truck. Now 'da wife and I are switching vehicles. Her Hyundai is much more economical than my Trailblazer with the V8. Now I gotta drive a little buggy rather than my beast!

Why the increase?? Why the price gouging?? Why in no more than a week!??????????????/

I hate gas stations. Time for a hybrid or something! :af: :af: ::af: :af: :af: :af: :smash: :smash:

MAC
05-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Don't feel bad Bob, I go through a tank in 4 days just going to work. Costing me $75 a week just to go Plymouth from Stoughton.

Backbeach Jake
05-08-2004, 06:06 PM
It seems our President's family made their fortune in oil. We have invaded the last country in the world with undeveloped oil reserves. That invasion has po'ed all of the other oil producing countries in the area. Connect the dots.... the American Worker payes through the nose again!

Squid kids Dad
05-08-2004, 06:15 PM
I went by a couple of marinas today,,Huge amount used boats for sale...I wonder if gas prices are to blame...It does suck boat or not...:af:

Clammer
05-08-2004, 06:59 PM
$195.9 today at the station ===========:af:

Got Stripers
05-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Drag a boat around behind you for an hour and watch the $$ go, maybe I need to buy some gas stock:(.

Clammer
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM
you gotts make up your mind where you want to fish & put it in a slip ??????????????????????????????//:rolleyes:

Mike P
05-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Exxon station down the road yesterday---$2.07 at 7:30 AM. Coming back at 4 in the afternoon, $2.19. And yes, that's for 87 octane unleaded regular :af:

I filled up at a Hess station on Staten Island and paid $1.91, which was up 5 cents over Friday.

Once school's out for the year and the wife no longer car pools with me, I'm taking the freakin' train. The 2 mile walk between my two offices and the courthouses will be good for me.