View Full Version : atom plug

Notaro
05-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, I don't build a plug or do I have a basement for it. ANyway, I got this atom stripah swiper 2 oz. The treble in front is weak and i cut off the split ring because it bends and folds. Actually I ripped it off. I decided to go with one hook on this plug. I changed the rear treble w/ a VMC siwash tremble w/ a 50 lbs sampo split ring. What do you think of this? I have seen some plugs are modified by some surfcasters like Ron Arra. So I thought that I might do something creative and use the swiper as a popper for the canal. Please share your thoughts with me on this.

striprman
05-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Notaro
Hey guys, I don't build a plug or do I have a basement for it. ANyway, I got this atom stripah swiper 2 oz. The treble in front is weak and i cut off the split ring because it bends and folds. Actually I ripped it off. I decided to go with one hook on this plug. I changed the rear treble w/ a VMC siwash tremble w/ a 50 lbs sampo split ring. What do you think of this? I have seen some plugs are modified by some surfcasters like Ron Arra. So I thought that I might do something creative and use the swiper as a popper for the canal. Please share your thoughts with me on this.

A single treble hook, 2 ounce popper should work. Get some bucktail on the rear hook. You might catch a 12 pound bluefish. I caught more big blues on striper swipers than bass (out of the canal).
What color(s) is the striper swiper? I do pretty good with the blue/ white and red/ yellow ones.

I use the larger size ones (4 ounce) to get more casting distance. The 2 ounce ones cast pretty far but the 4 ounce ones cast alot further.