View Full Version : Weekend Plans...

JohnR
07-20-2001, 09:13 AM
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s first annual Bar-B-Q-thon is Saturday - lots of family showing...

Mow the lawn (didn't get to last week)

Maybe, just maybe, get out for a few hours this weekend in little Rhody...

What are y'all doing... (tough to say to some fellow northerners, but it beets yuseguys...)

STEVE IN MASS
07-20-2001, 09:22 AM
Mow some more lawn this evening, get Chinese food, grocery shopping and such tomorrow morning, a few other chores, sleep, then go throw some eels and pogies in my usual haunt late Saturday night, early Sunday morning, catch a nice one, come home and clean it, sleep, eat fish. (Okay, so that middle part is wishful thinking ;))

Anyone intersted in getting together tomorrow night let me know, but it may be tough to drag me away from my destination, as I haven't been there in awhile and that place is looking rosy for tomorrow's tides.

schoolie monster
07-20-2001, 09:38 AM
Pick up some eels, hit the south shore tonight... maybe take the boat out tomorrow morning.

Weymouth has a family fishing thing at Whitman's Pond tomorrow, so I might go over there with the wife and kid. Though, they've both been cranky all week, so I may just want to get the heck away from them and be by myself...

DamonM
07-20-2001, 09:41 AM
I'll be at the cape until Tuesday. Hopefully the beaches will be fishable, but its been mung city and this east wind wont help anything.

chris L
07-20-2001, 10:11 AM
well im definately not fishing ! did I say that man I hate when I have to say that anywho mr & mrs phefercorn .......
Im going to try and save my marriage this weekend and hang with the wife and kids maybe a hike on the mountain , some work on moms house on Sunday . this is the first weekend Ill be in CT since May !

Fishguts
07-20-2001, 11:18 AM
will be taking a drive up to float green river. caddis hatch has been pretty heavy cicadas are always on this time of year river flows have been pretty constant so it should be a good trip. hopefuly there wont be to many people floating the river spooking the fish.

Fishpart
07-20-2001, 12:09 PM
Lets see, give the Indians some money tonight. Replace a porous water pipe on Saturday, cut the grass, weed the garden. Sunday maybe hit the beach so we can dig in the big sand, maybe a fluke trip :) and a cookout and pooling in the afternoon.

Saltheart
07-20-2001, 12:26 PM
Sanding and varnishing the boat brightwork . Tie up the tomatoes and weed the garden , do the lawn. Finish a rod , but it all starts about 3 AM when we head for the Ditch. :)

Canalratt1
07-20-2001, 02:03 PM
Tough choices, stay local, hit the Ditch or run the boat from Macos to the bay Hmmm

Clammer
07-20-2001, 07:58 PM
Work both jobs, List a two family in Providence tomorrow morning/ tough sell, But list a nice ranch in Cranston Monday/ Take Fishpart and one of his sons fliking Sunday morning, Oh depending on the wind I might run down the bay Saturday night to sling eels.....

ENJOY whatever you do///

PS--- if anyone likes scup or seabass and would like to fill their freezer Let me know and we can set something up / thats no brainer fishing and always fun/////// later

Got Stripers
07-21-2001, 11:04 AM
Still wrapping up a week's worth of work with my brother in law, but we did sneak out yesterday afternoon for some fishing. Sort of strange launching at noon, rather than pulling out...lol. Calm winds and bright sun don't normally spell great fishing, but we managed to put some stripers in the boat. If we can wrap up all the loose ends today, maybe a few hours Sunday morning, time will tell.

Clammer
07-21-2001, 06:16 PM
YO, the boards been quiet today

Itys 7:30 just gassed up I;m running down the bay to sling eels ,good tide and wind, I,ve got to make sure I/m back & up to meet Fishpart tomorrow morning /// later

JohnR
07-22-2001, 10:04 AM
Good Luck, you two - fluke and stripah....

Jenn
07-22-2001, 08:22 PM
Hmmm....weekend??? WHAT weekend??? its after nine and I have to be to work in less than 11 hours :( my house is clean (well for me anyway) but this weekend hardly existed.......