View Full Version : squidding

Notaro
05-15-2004, 12:10 PM
damn, i went to falmouth for squidding last night. man, they are a lot of big squids around. i caught around 10 of them. but it is sure crowded. now im tired. and i am planning to fish off the canal today, but is it too late for me to fish now?

Mike P
05-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Notaro
i am planning to fish off the canal today, but is it too late for me to fish now?

How are you going to fish? If you want to fish some of those squid on the bottom, best wait for a slack tide. If you're going to use artificials, go anytime.

Squid gets very buoyant after it's been dead for awhile, so I wouldn't try drift fishing it chunk-style. It'll probably just ride along near the top of the water with a 1 oz rubbercore or egg sinker above your leader.

Notaro
05-15-2004, 12:38 PM
damn, my mom and dad have gone to chinatown to get some foods for hot pot tonight on my squids, ten inches or more! artificials? mike, thts perfect. i wonder if i could drive to the canal now in their car...

Notaro
05-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Plugs and jigs, mike?

Mike P
05-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Jigs. With big plastic on the end. If you want to use plugs, try something that runs deep like a bottle plug or a darter.

Notaro
05-15-2004, 02:32 PM
okay, thanks. i have a tattoo's darter.