View Full Version : Some good fish over the weekend.

tlapinski
05-17-2004, 06:16 AM
The annual CCA-CT CT River catch and release tournament was held this past weekend. We ran into some tough conditions with the water levels dropping over 12" in one day, but the fish were there to be found. My largest fish of the tournament was a 44.25" fish. I ran into an awesome afternoon topwater bite on Friday. A couple more weeks on the river and I can get back to the salt again. :)

MountainBreeze
05-17-2004, 07:18 AM
Awsome fish Toby, Congrats!

You gotta' love that top water bite!

We fished down in NY on Sat and as soon as we hit the water the birds started working. When we got over to them the blues were bustin' out everywhere! They were killin' my tubes so I swtiched over to a tin and killed em'! What a blast! :D

tlapinski
05-17-2004, 07:58 AM
were you in the kayak? the blues must take you for a good ride!

MountainBreeze
05-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah, it was a yak fishing tourney.

We got pulled all over, all day! :D

The 30", 9# weakie I caught was a blast as well!

I gotta' get the new T-140 rigged up so you can come out with us. Of course, Nils has my "old" T-120 so let us know when you're ready.

Rappin Mikey
05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Nice job Toby. I hope you aren't fishing the Fish-on tourny next weekend. Did you get that fish in MA or CT?

tlapinski
05-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Mikey, no Fish-On tourney for me. not a fan of that shop. good luck to you!

i never made it out last week when i thought i was gonna up our way. i really wish the water was coming over the dam. i am not a fan of the holyoke side. i like the beach area better.

the fish are concentrated down south, but hard to find. it took us two days of almost constant searching to locate a good school of big fish. the water did come up a little from yesterday's rain.

RickBomba
05-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Toby,
Both sides looking slow, real light pick of the river last night...Me and ODB slingin all night, just one orphan to show...
Rough on the Rickamn, up all night, then met with the top brass of Rare Hospitality Inc at 3 pm in SDhrewsbury after like four large coffees.
Good Luck,
Later,
Rick

Peter Lajoie
05-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Congrats Toby,

Thats a funny pic of goose passed out, that ya took.

Bill S.
05-19-2004, 06:44 AM
That was after a long all nighter....