View Full Version : Frances Fleet stellwagon trip

MakoMike
05-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Went on the Lady Frances on friday night. We were supposed to go to George's bank but capt. Frank said the fishing has been much better at stellwagon than at Georges, so off we went to MA. Started fishing at about 5AM just off the P-town beach. Lots of cod there, but not many decent sized ones lots of throwbacks. Constant action. When the tide started ripping we went out to the bank and, while fishing was a little slower, we caught a lot of much bigger fish. Pool winner was 27 pounds, there were a couple of other fish over 20 pounds on board and a lot of us caught close to our limits.

ThrowingTimber
05-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Awesome Mike I know you were looking forward to that trip:D Glad you guys managed some nice fish!

Mr. Sandman
05-17-2004, 08:51 AM
That's a ride and a half eh?

MakoMike
05-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Sandy,
the ride was about 8 hours each way. Slept most of the way up and about half of the way back, so it really didn't seem that long.

angler management
05-17-2004, 12:38 PM
http://www.eastmansdocks.com/

WoW, 8 hours I would have been sick!

I go out to Jeffrys ledge or some of the Scantums off NH.

I have been doing very well on Cod.

But next time you could consider driving up in a car and going out of a northern charter and making a smaller boat trip.

This pic is off the Eastmans web site. A local NH charter!

Lots of good one's all the way up the coast.

My bigest this season is a little over 9 lbs.

Hope you enjoyed the fishing!

MakoMike
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
My biggest on this trip was about 20 lbs. I don't frequent party boats, in fact this my first time on a party boat in about 20 years. But a bunch of guys I knew were going so I tagged along.

Vectorfisher
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Angler Management those are some serious cod you got there, makin me hungry!!