View Full Version : Chomp, chomp!!!!

Fisherwoman
05-17-2004, 06:35 AM
There be blues on the south side of the cape up to some nice 12 lbers, go get um!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Don't forget those steel leaders!!!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAA

KJLane
05-17-2004, 06:50 AM
yup. Found em about about a mile off New Seabury yeserday. That means they should be everywhere from East falmouth to Hyannis. Also found lots of keeper bass eatin' squid.

MountainBreeze
05-17-2004, 07:05 AM
I was trolling a TnW this weekend and a blue hit me and bit/broke the steel leader off half way up the tube! They tore another one all to he11 and did some good damage on yet another. Those teeth just mean!

Of course, the 30", 9# weakie I got on the tube was pretty toothy as well! :eek:

Tight Lines,
Rob

B-assman
05-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah... - starting to show up in Narr bay too. Was out this morning SB feeding at surface - Had one Storm chomped in half and had one leader bit through.

pbrown
05-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Went from shore the other day from South Cape Beach and had no luck. Anyone getting into the blues by foot?

fishdump
05-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Yup they're in Rhody waters. Had a couple lures taken from me on Friday evening off a south county jetty.

TheRattBoy
05-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Yup, i'm on foot and was playing with blues today, all by myself, life is good:D :happy: johnny "the Ratt Boy"

hablonski
05-17-2004, 07:48 PM
where?

j35
05-17-2004, 08:02 PM
blues around s.dartmouth,ma.

Fisherwoman
05-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Yes I was on foot also, where? Get out and do your homework boys and girls, when they move into the South side of the cape, look at the map book, and start doing some scouting, Its pretty hard to miss them!!!

Mr. Sandman
05-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Had a few doz yesterday...5-9# it felt good to get a that tug on the other end...It a 5 knot current they can do more then test your gear.
Lost a few jigs, then finally found my wire leaders.:rolleyes:
I switched from the fancy expensive types to the ol; bridgeport dimond jigs. I found a small box of these jigs brand new (but 25 years old) in a forgotton tackle box I had in the attic. Added a single SS Siwash and some pink hair for the fun of it and had a killer bluefish lure that could cast a country mile. I wanted to post a photo of what a new jig looks like after it has caught 3 doz bluefish but I ended up loosing it in the end:( .... They are tough those blues...chewed the chrome off, gouged the lead, ate all the hair, nearly straighted the new single SS hook.
Its summer.......:happy: