View Full Version : OK....I Got One I Think We Can All Agree On......

BigFish
05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Why the hell do we need three, trace', languages written on every friggen' package of anything that you buy these days???:confused: Is this not the good old U S of A? I am in the bathroom this am and the toilet paper packaging is in three different lingos!!:af: Why? My feeling is if you want to live in the good old U S of A, learn to speckin' Z englase'! Buy a power tool....three languages.......buy a box of cereal.....three languages!!!:af:

My last thought for the moment on this subject.....for the moment, is why don't they have langauges other than english and spanish? Like Japanese or French or Swedish????? Is this not a form of discrimination?????

And no, I did not have any trouble figuring out how to use the TP this morning....all went well!:af:

Maloney
05-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Internationalism. Clothing comes in 3: English, French, and Spanish. Look at the abbreviations inside the collar. Other question is: why, after 225 or so years of having people with all sorts of diverse languages welcomed to join us, we have certain pols in our state and country who make it seem WE are discriminatory because we want the new immigrants to speak English, like the other tens of millions of immigrants of the past.

Backbeach Jake
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
I agree, it's a pain. Try reading manufacturer's assembly instructions, what a freakin' adventure in high blood pressure that is.:smash:

Jenn
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
HOLY CRAP MAN I AGREE WID-jA!;)

Try reading manufacturer's assembly instructions ................no kidding...the least they could do it make three separate sheets so you can grab just the one you need. They are sometimes confusing enough never mind trying to figure out which language to read....

BigFish
05-17-2004, 06:27 PM
That is a good idea Jenn....pretty scary but I knew we would see eye to eye on this one!:eyes:

Mike P
05-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Man, I love assembly instructions. They're the best. Some guy making $5 a day in China tells the boss he reads English and can translate for an extra few cents a day :rolleyes:

Maloney
05-17-2004, 10:05 PM
So someone is trying to pull themselves up by their sandle straps; but the joke will be on us, remember the goofy instructions and stuff from the Empire of Japan back in the old days .

MakoMike
05-18-2004, 06:52 AM
The reason for the three languages is so the same stuff in the same packages can be sold in English, spanish and french speaking countries. Those three languages are used by about 80% of the world's population if you exclude China.

spence
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
It's also for liability. They want to make sure you understand how to use the product...

-spence

MountainBreeze
05-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Why the hell do we need three, trace', languages written on every friggen' package of anything that you buy these days???:confused: Is this not the good old U S of A?

Amen Brotha'!

hooked
05-19-2004, 07:54 AM
It doesn't matter to me because I never read the directions anyway.
No importa a mí porque yo nunca leí las direcciones de todos modos.
Il ne m'importe pas parce que je ne lis jamais les directions de toute façon.

Newboater
05-31-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't mind the 3 languages but why the hell would they give you 15 pages of pictures without any instructions in any freaking language. Some of those pretzels looking lines on the pictures are more cryptographic than languages and leave you wondering what the hell goes where.

Pfffft

fishweewee
06-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Foutez tous le monde. :D

chris L
06-11-2004, 02:16 PM
good thing I speak 3 languages . its just never the 3 the instuctions come with .
german
gaelic
vulgor english

Casper
06-11-2004, 03:20 PM
50+ lbs busting por todas partes aeropuerto plano esta manana.

50+ les livres que le basse cassant partout dans aeroport plat ce matin.

http://ets.freetranslation.com/