View Full Version : Half Hour In Heaven!

BigFish
05-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Fished a favorite spot this am.....got there later than I would have liked. Anyway, half hour before high, first cast 1 ounce pencil popper.....missed a nice one! Second cast, bang....fish on! First 25 casts.....seven stripers, five of them keepers between 28-30 inches but damn they were fat. One of them gave me quite a fight. With the wind and the current the way it was, I had all I could do to keep his head up!:btu: All of a sudden, it hit high tide and the bite shut off.....just got one more about 15 minutes after high!:( What a ball though! Wish I was there 3 hours earlier! Had swirls on almost every cast those first 25 and a couple of those keepers come shooting out of the water like tarpon for cryin' out loud! They were pretty keyed up! Pretty sure they were feeding on something out of my range as I could see the occasional tail slap! Life is very good these days!:D

striprman
05-18-2004, 03:13 PM
go again tomorrow morning

pbrown
05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Bigfish, That sounds awsome, I wish I was their right next to you. I've been out the last few days with plenty of small bass. I'll be headed out tomorrow for some big blues off of Cotuit. Nice Work!!!!

Backbeach Jake
05-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Rub it in:cool:

BigFish
05-18-2004, 06:52 PM
:happy: :btu: :humpty: :drool: :wave: :uhuh: :wiggle:

macojoe
05-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Congrats!! I have not even put a line in yet!!

Soon I hope?? I got a new job and had to give my 2 weeks at the other so I have been working 16 hour days!! But I had my last day today at thye the old place so life is going to get better soon!!
:happy:

fishdog13
05-19-2004, 09:35 AM
poop doesn't float uphill and payday is friday if i'm not seeking the mayor.:smash: