View Full Version : Falmouth Herring Runs

hq2
05-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Was headed down to the Falmouth area this weekend; Anyone have any ideas about which herring runs are the best? Is the fishing better down near the ocean inlets or up by where the bays narrow into the rivers/creeks? Thanks for any help.

partsjay
05-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm making my first trip down there this weekend myself, wish I could help you but I've never fished down there yet. Probably do more driving( looking for a parking spot ) than fishing. A little late for me to start doing my homework but have to start sometime. Going to try and find some of those Blues I keep hearing so much about. Good Luck to ya.....If you see someone walking aimlessly around the beach with gear...it's probably me so say Hello, maybe we can work together.:confused:

Flaptail
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Are you a resident? If not, look elsewhere. You can take six a day without a permit but beware they are staking out the runs day and night. Where to fish? You will have to find that out for yourself I am afraid, besides ten pound fish is the tops right now as the bigger fish are offshore in the rips or headed east.