View Full Version : Rod and reel

jfisher
05-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Ocean Master 10' Spining rod rated 4-8oz. It is composed of a Graphite/glass composite blank, double wraped fuji aluminum Oxide guides, Fuji reel seat,cork tape/rubber cork grips w/ foam ties, and a pac bay butt cap.
I have casted 3-8oz with bait on this rod. It handles the 5-8oz range exceptionally well. The only reason why I want to move this rod is because it is a bit heavy in action for the 2's and 3's i throw in our calmer CT waters. Other than that, I like it over my Penn and Daiwa.
I also have the matching OM reel. It is a large reel capable of casting bait and has the capacity to hold heavy line or shock leaders. The capcity is 290yds of 20lb test mono. The reel wieghs about 21oz. It has 4ball bearings, a balanced rotor, worm gear oscilation,a magnetic skirt guard, instant anti reverse, 6 disc drag, and a tall, large diameter spool, resembling the daiwa emblem series, which makes for long casts, large line capacity, and consistant drag performance,because the angle with regard to the spool lip changes little as line is paid out.

The combo has been used about 10 times tops off a pier in Ct. Both the rod and reel are in excelent condition.

Rod retails for $110, Plus $11 shipping plus a $5 fee for its size or some other pain in the a$$ catch like that, for a total of $126

The Reel retails for $69.99. Plus $8.95 shipping. for a total of $78.94

I can let the rod go for $100 and I'll cover shipping.
I'll let the reel go for $60 and I'll cover shipping.
Or take the combo for $150 and I'll cover shipping.

Will trade combo for Lami tri flex 9'
Will trade combo for 10'6" MH St. croix
Will trade Rod for 8'6" or 9'Fenwick
Open to trades for the reel as well, preferably a smaller reel.