View Full Version : Coast Guard earning their pay?

jugstah
05-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, last week, my brother and I were queried by the Coast Guard while we were fishing to make sure we were adhering to regulations, and we were all set.

Noticed them pulling all sorts of boats over all over the Cape Cod Bay....

And Today, fishing in Falmouth off the beaches, noticed yet again a different set of Coast Guard boats pulling boats over to do their safety checks n etc.

Must be them "showing they're earnign their terrorist" money

MakoMike
05-24-2004, 07:38 AM
This time of year they always put in a bog showing. Wait another monrth and you'll barely see any of them on the water.

angler management
05-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Yup you are eager to get on the water and fish!

They are eager to get on the water and make sure you have all your safety stuff back on the boat. See who let the fire extinguisher run dry.

I see them a lot out of Portsmouth in NH as well. They are usualy not a big bother.

It's when Cost Guard checks you, Then NH Fish and Game, then if you move to the other side of the river, Maine Fish and Game.

I have been checked by all 3 in a 2 hour period. That gets anoying!

Mr. Sandman
05-24-2004, 04:01 PM
They will be looking to see if you have a 9" scup on board...
:D

Actaully, I support the CG and their efforts, for years they underfunded and over tasked. I hated to see the mothballing of stations. I can't imaigined it saved that much $ in the scheme of things.

There is nothing wrong with a safety inspection...we all need one.

wjm
05-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Have to agree,

It's easy to forget stuff in the spring race to the water. Last couple of years I've been in by late april and each time figured I was fair game. It's also the time of year the new guys get trained up on how to do one. Anyway they give you a slip that you show the next guy and you won't have to pull everything out twice.

Small price......