View Full Version : Hours spent fishing

Slingah
05-25-2004, 06:15 AM
I was wondering how many hours do you guys spend fishing during a week? I am doing about 20 hours now, and finding it to be all and all a good start to the year.
Just curious:confused:

tlapinski
05-25-2004, 06:23 AM
let's see, i have been doing at least 6 - 8 per night for the past few weeks. missed no more than 2 nights a week since the last week of april. hmmm..... i need some damn sleep! :sleeps:

Rappin Mikey
05-25-2004, 06:51 AM
I've been going for 3 1/2 hours a morning every other day and a few nights a week since the end of April. Heading to Race Point this weekend. I should get in a good 50 hours on the surf and in the whaler.

goosefish
05-25-2004, 06:52 AM
I've really just started to fish the night. Been out three nights in a row, each night getting home around 12 o'clock. The sessions are about three hours long. I can't fish more than three hours at night and then get up and go to work and do more standing on my feet---my back will start killing me.

RIROCKHOUND
05-25-2004, 07:13 AM
My hours depend on the season...

I'm not a big early season guy, mostly because of work/academic commitments dont ease up until the third week of may (right now)
the last half of may I average about 2 trips, ~3hrs each a week

June, forget about it, I have my 13' whaler docked, and fish at least 3 nights a week bassing in that, average 1 surf trip and one morning a week flukin.. 12-15hrs a week

July and August, busy again with work, my days get very long; out 2x a week in the boat,maybe 1 night a week surf 10hrs or so

Sept-Oct 4-5x a week surf, plus a day or two mornings in the boat
no idea how many hours depends on tide/fishing but close 15+ hrs

Nov-Dec...
Blackfishing 2x a week minimum, as work schedule allows, at least 2 surf trips a week until turkey day... genenerally working west along the s.shore
Dec, if the storms and weather permit, blackfish until the season ends the 31st....

Fisherwoman
05-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Just remember slingah, you'll have enough time to sleep when your dead!!!. I have been fishing almost daily siince mid APril, Have been flat out doing the boat and shore thing the last 2 weeks with no days off. I'd say probably bout 15 hours a day!!!:rolleyes: :p :p :p Crashed b ig time after a cape trip yesterday and never woke up till a couple of hours ago!!

jugstah
05-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Fisherwoman
Just remember slingah, you'll have enough time to sleep when your dead!!!. I have been fishing almost daily siince mid APril, Have been flat out doing the boat and shore thing the last 2 weeks with no days off. I'd say probably bout 15 hours a day!!!:rolleyes: :p :p :p Crashed b ig time after a cape trip yesterday and never woke up till a couple of hours ago!!

Must be getting paid to do some fishing, or you and your hubby are so well off you can afford to fish every day of your life!

:)

Fisherwoman
05-25-2004, 09:59 AM
You got me there Jugstah, am retired and a guide but fishing is my passion and even when we do not have clients we are out pounding the water!!! Winter is too long for me bud!!!:cool:

redlite
05-25-2004, 10:02 AM
So far I have fished less total than I normally fish in one night. Seriously lacking ambition to fish since one of my main fishin buddies went and joined the Coast Guard and the other one is not gonna be down here this year for the summer again. A lot easier to torture myself when I have competition and conversation to keep me interested. Plus, waiting for the big uns to show in good numbers. Just filling the cookie jar BIG time. Game on this weekend though.

bart
05-25-2004, 03:38 PM
i fish about 3-4 times a week usually around 6hrs each time so thats roughly 20 hrs per week. drive is long enough, no point going for an hr. or two. i'll usually fish from high to low and then some of the incoming if its good. god i wish i had the luxury of being able to get outta work, take a few casts, then hit the hay. saving my pennies....

Nebe
05-25-2004, 03:43 PM
too many:(

BigFish
05-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah....its no secret I love fishin'...right Slingah? I would say right now I am averaging about 12-15 hours a week......couple more weeks it will be more like 40 a week!:D :happy: :happy: :happy:

Man, I can't remember the last time Slingah started a thread!:confused:

spinncognito
05-25-2004, 04:03 PM
As many as possible without having to stop at divorce court on the way home. :behead: which looks like it will be inevitable soon....

Fishing still slow up on the N.shore so I am getting out daily for an hour or so tossing plastic and tyrying to keep warm.

In about a week, when the steady and bigger fishes arrive it will be 6-7 days at 4-6 hours per day. :wiggle:

Spin

BigFish
05-25-2004, 05:07 PM
I already got the divorce....so I am all set!!!!:happy: :happy: Woohooooooo!

striprman
05-25-2004, 05:16 PM
I go when the tides are right after work and on weekends. My wife comes with me often (during the day) She has come a few times at night, but preferrs to sleep. She likes to catch fishes to. My two sons come on weekends if they are not working, they like to fish to. When I'm on vacation I go all week. Every time I go it's like taking a mini vacation.

denport
05-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Unforunately work has been keeping me plenty busy so far this year. I still get to get out every other day or so for 3-6 hours at a stretch. The good part about it is I've caught keepers the last 2 times out before today. So about 20 give or take.

Goose
05-25-2004, 09:02 PM
:err: what what what what

ThrowingTimber
05-25-2004, 11:28 PM
If you were my boss I'd be killing you on the over time :D :laughs:

Jenn
05-26-2004, 05:04 PM
This is a subject we are better off not talking about!!! ;) :D :eek:

I dont even think my husband knows QUITE how much time I spend fishing!!!

Notaro
05-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Jenn
This is a subject we are better off not talking about!!! ;) :D :eek:

I dont even think my husband knows QUITE how much time I spend fishing!!!

more than you spend time with him?:confused: just jk

i would say abt 4-10 hours a week or less.