View Full Version : Kids....

MrsSFrances
05-26-2004, 01:20 PM
we have 3 kids, twin daughters that are 4 and a son that is 2,

well....lastnight around 1am our one daughter woke me up screaming this horrible scream, me disoriented got up immediatly shaking (it sounded like someone was hurting her) as i quickly walked down the hall to their room i noticed the screaming was getting farther away, i started to panic because i saw that she was not in bed and i didnt see the other twin, i quickly ran down stairs, by this time i was hyperventalating and in a panic and started screaming her name, by this time my husband woke up and ran down stairs cause he heard me, thank god he did i was frozen on the last step trying to breath, (i really thought someone was in our house) he ran into the kitchen where our daughter stood with the door wide open, scared the living daylights out of me...as he brought her out of the kitchen i was expecting to see tears and a little red face, alls i saw was this look of utter confusen on this poor kids face...

me still trying to catch my breath, we all walked up stairs and my husband put her back in bed and asked her if she was having a bad dream or something, i think she was confused on all the comotion that was going on and went right back to sleep...

it was the most scariest thing i have ever encounterd, i think she was sleep walking and dreaming about something....we have latches on all of our doors that led to outside, but we put them on there when for when they where younger, well now they are going to be latched every night from now on...

kids:confused: i just hope she does not do it tonight...i dont think my heart could take it again....

sometimes being a parent is the most challenging job ever.....i never got back to sleep until 4am.....

HighTide
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Kids'll do that to you. I got 2 girls, 9&5, they've both had screaming episodes in the middle of the night. There's nothing you can do to calm them down because they're still asleep and unaware of what's happening. I think that's called night terrors or something like that. Any way, they go back to sleep like nothing happened, and the only ones who get scared are the parents.

fishweewee
05-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Let's hope they don't progress to something that is truly frightening.

Like snoring. :D

MrsSFrances
05-26-2004, 04:10 PM
boy you are not kiddin, she hit that bed and went right back to sleep as it took me 3 more hours to recover from the screaming.

i think your right on the night terrors..

i look back and laugh to myself about how i was, poor kid had no clue why i was so upset...lol...

RickBomba
05-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Yup,
Take it from me...I've been to three therapists, two shrinks and had two sleep studies...that's definately sleep walking!!!
Bad news is, for me it's only gotten worse.
Woke up last night (exhausted I might add) buck naked with a plate of quesadillas I had cooked with their own seperate sauce I had made, with my girlie laughing her head off, with both of us eating the quesadillas.
Guess she watched me make them, talked to me while I was making them, then chuckled as I set the dining rom table in my sleep.
Best hope the girl's not a chef like me, gets a little weird!
Good Luck,
Rick