View Full Version : Groton Long Point CT.

Slingah
05-26-2004, 09:53 PM
I am heading there for a few days over the holiday weekend, staying near the water.I have never been there before. I am going with non-fishing family and will be heading out on my own....at night probally.
Any S-B members from the area? Good local tackle shops?Spots(pushin it I know)or maybe meeting up.
thanks in advance
PM if you like:D

jim24
05-27-2004, 03:29 AM
If you're in Groton Long Point...you're not far from Hillyer's Tackle Shop. Nice place...a little pricey...but they have everything you need for a good weekend....check out their website at www.hillyerstackle.com. They're located on the river in Waterford...about 10-15 minutes from GLP. Good luck:)

Carl
05-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Your in my neck of the woods. I live in just a few towns from there. A tackle shop you might want to visit is King Cove Outfitters on Rt 1 in Stonington. This is were we will be meeting next week for the first leg and BBQ. Westerly RI is only 20 or so minutes away depending on where you are staying. If you want to meet and fish, let me know.

Slingah
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys...I didn't know it so close to Don's and other places I haven't been in a while:cool:
I don't know how much I'll be able to get out, it is a family get together of sorts and the wife ..........well you get the idea.
PM sent Carl