View Full Version : Fun Hooking Up With Fellow S-B.com Members To Fish!

BigFish
05-27-2004, 06:50 AM
I made arrangements to meet with one of the relatively new members of the site yesterday (whom I had never met before) to do some fishing. S-Journey and I hooked up and fished an area that we both have in common and had a blast! S-Journey has a tremendous background as a boat fisherman, and I being a dyed in the wool surf rat....sometimes the two can clash......not the case. We had a great afternoon in the surf (S-Journey....get those waders:D ) It is a great experience meeting new people and fishing with them. I enjoy it, and we did come across some fish. S-Journey caught his first striper on a pencil popper, which was great......the guy can cast pretty damn good (for a boat fisherman:laugha:) I got a total of nine fish, 1 was a keeper about 28-29" and fat.....I also as a couple of members of this site can attest.....lost what I am sure was the largest striper I have ever had on the line. Fish had to have gone well over the 30+ pound mark......took my measley 1 ounce pencil popper with him! :af: Gave me a grand battle and in the end, I could not get it through the huge boulder field.....he took me down against one of the boulders and left me with a frayed piece of mono.......could not get the fishes head up, believe me when I tell ya it was a cow!:bc: I guess we all have a couple of stories like that though?:uhuh: Slingah and Ratchyfishy were there also.....(how did you guys do after we left Slingah?). S-Journey and I then proceeded to the MSBA meeting and he met quite a few fellow site members there........so it was a great time.....(S-Journey I had a blast) The moral of this story is.....have some fun and hook up with a fellow S-B.com member and go fishing! (if you don't already):happy:

Flaptail
05-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Last night me and Bassmaster went to one of our "secret" spots. No one else there and Bassmaster proceeded to shame me with that pink sluggo and jig head. All in all though I had the biggest one on and caught most of mine with popping plugs while he dredged the bottom with that little pink rubbery thingie. I think my catches were done in a more honorable way. It was fun though and then we called Bernzy out in INDY and talked plugs while BM tried to rob my plug bags! Still can't believe no one else fishes there.:D

bassmaster
05-27-2004, 07:29 AM
:D I got 1 Shad to :D had fun

Crafty Angler
05-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Yeah Bigfish,I got a few hook-ups to hook up planned - maddog2020 is gonna come to Newport the 5th and plan to do some eel-slingin' with him, and Notaro is gonna come up at some point too - I usually fish alone but it oughta be fun -

Besides, Notaro is uninitiated in the mysteries of the bloooberry ale society...:laughs:....just gotta make sure he doesn't hurl on the waitress - :fishslap:

tlapinski
05-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Crafty Angler
Besides, Notaro is uninitiated in the mysteries of the bloooberry ale society...:laughs:....just gotta make sure he doesn't hurl on the waitress - :fishslap: be sure to introduce him to Iron Mike too. that could be fun..... actually, let me know if you are gonna do that. i want to be there for sure! :laughs:

partsjay
05-27-2004, 08:58 AM
I would welcome anyone from the board to go fishing with me, I do most of my fishing alone, and although I have fun, I do enjoy fishing with others alot more. I fish from the surf, do alot of wading, mostly pluggin', but I do fish other methods as well. I'm more than willing to meet some people to fish with, I'll share ideas and spots no problem.....Great Job hooking up guys, that's real cool to see.

If anyone want to fish, PM me!!!

Good Luck:btu:

Notaro
05-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by tlapinski
be sure to introduce him to Iron Mike too. that could be fun..... actually, let me know if you are gonna do that. i want to be there for sure! :laughs:

:D
Uncle Crafty, :heybaby: :laugha: bring it on...I dont want to be drunk while slinging eels and talking slurrly to Iron Mike and hurl on him.:yak:

S-Journey
05-27-2004, 10:30 AM
That was a great time yesterday BF, without a doubt. Met some great guys, learned quite a bit about the surf, and had a great time in the process.

Just wish that big fish you had on didn't make a run for those boulders. I would have loved to see that monster, damn it looked BIG:(

Now if I can just get those fish to hit my wood like they were doing to yours I'll be allright:gf:

Thanks again BF, and thanks to S-B.com too:)

RIROCKHOUND
05-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Yuppers... met a few good eggs on the board....

Slingah
05-27-2004, 10:33 AM
always fun fishin....and meetin
not fun seeing BigFish cry though:bc:
I got the skunk

Van
05-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
I also as a couple of members of this site can attest.....lost what I am sure was the largest striper I have ever had on the line. Fish had to have gone well over the 30+ pound mark......took my measley 1 ounce pencil popper with him! :af: Gave me a grand battle and in the end, I could not get it through the huge boulder field.....he took me down against one of the boulders and left me with a frayed piece of mono.......could not get the fishes head up, believe me when I tell ya it was a cow!:

BF WEREN'T YOU LISTENING LAST NIGHT !!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Too bad buddy, you'll get her next time..

Casper
05-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi BigFish

The big ones always get away, unless you are using 80# test., but then you surf guys won't be able to cast that. That saves the big ones for us boat guys. he-he!

spinncognito
05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Boat Fish Don't Count

:laughs: :laughs:

BasicPatrick
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
I.....lost what I am sure was the largest striper I have ever had on the line. Fish had to have gone well over the 30+ pound mark......took my measley 1 ounce pencil popper with him! :af: Gave me a grand battle and in the end, I could not get it through the huge boulder field.....he took me down against one of the boulders and left me with a frayed piece of mono.......could not get the fishes head up, believe me when I tell ya it was a cow!:bc:

Where I come from they call that

ANGLER ERROR

Yes it happens to us ALL, BUT STILL

jOEY G WOULD HAVE LANDED THAT FISH

Slingah
05-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Patrick & the Lurker:love:

BigFish
05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Patrick....not a man alive could have played that fish any better than I did! I played every aspect of that hook-up to the letter.....the fish won! I played it cool and smart....too many rocks.....too many big rocks.:huh:

Slingah can attest to that.:D

BasicPatrick
05-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Larry, you are soooooo easy

Switch to decaf my friend