View Full Version : Spring Allergies

Nebe
05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I am friggen miserable right now with hayfever.. I get alergies so bad every june its like a have a severe cold for the entire month.

I've tried everything.. local honey, Allegra, claritin...... Nothing helps, every thing I try has a side effect that is just as worse as the scratchy throght and runny nose :(

Who else is in the hayfever crowd??

KLMulder
05-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting hammered.

Raider Ronnie
05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
With the wind we had today my youngest boy (3) said to wife, mommy, I think it's snowing outside with all the pollen flying around outside !!!

CAL
05-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Eben, you ever try allergy shots? I use to have them so bad I had to stay inside with the a/c on. Got the shots and good as new. Makes you immune for about 10 years. I'm overdue to get them again <sniff sniff>

maddog2020
05-31-2004, 10:21 AM
I have good luck w/ the Allegra D - two pills a day. Dries out my throat so I have to eat cought drops. It stinks any way you look at it. :(

Past two yrs I've missed almost a week each Spring. I never had this problem when I was younger. I had sinus surgury three yrs ago to correct a deviated septum - I think my allergies are linked to this. More air into my nose than before.....LOL.

When I am on the ocean, there is no pollen out there so I am fine. :D Each morning my car has a yellow hue to it due to the pollen in the air.

I tried allergy shots for a number of months and stopped because I felt like a pin cushion. Three shots each week - did that for a few months and then I just stopped. You have to do the shots for a while to develope immunity.

Co-worker of mine has been seeing an accupuncturist that prescribed some herbal remedy: he boils there weird herbs in water, lets it cool and then sniffs it into his sinuses/nose. Sounds gross....LOL. He claims its works. He breathes the stuff once a week, or every other week. He hasn't had the need to take any allergy pills at all since he started treatment.

I never open windows to car at all, or house and have the A/C most of the time.

Nebe
05-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Day 5-

Eyes swollen, Head pounding, Itchy throat.....

Cant take much more..... Fading....

Ohhh the humanity :crying:

MAC
05-31-2004, 05:23 PM
I know exactly what ya going through. Do like ray says,get out fishing. Not much pollen down by the ocean. I had them bad for years. This year I started taking Claritin-D in April and it has helped immensly. Or maybe I am growing out of it. (hopefully) They say your body changes every 7 years.... The thing I hated worst is the itchy eyes and when the skin on your back feels like it is crawling.

capesams
05-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey Hatch jack,,that's just all that ayc dust that's goin down the back of ya shirt makin it feel like it's movin.

Nebe
05-31-2004, 06:18 PM
So do you guys start taking them every day or just when your getting hit hard??? I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some allegra:(

Capesams- Sad news... I lost a moose the othernight on one of your big dannies..... I must of had a nick in my line because it snapped me off:(

Tis' o.k. because I have more:D oops.. I mean:mad:

fishweewee
05-31-2004, 06:41 PM
achoo

RIROCKHOUND
06-01-2004, 07:57 AM
E... watch for Bloos at that spot...
:af: :af: ate some of my specially rigged slugo's.....
good thing they weren't my ledgerunners :D

Nebe
06-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Hound I dont know what spot your talking about-

The one where you neeed a taser and caddle-prod?

The one where the tides act like the place you need a caddleprod and taser, but no-one fishes it like it?

The one that is the same as the caddleprod place that has no-man made structure, but you still need a caddleprod??

:laughs:

RIROCKHOUND
06-01-2004, 08:39 AM
PM'ed ya silly bass-tard :smash:

Nebe
06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Ohh that spot.... the one where you think you need a caddleprod, but really you need a taser because if you used a caddle prod, the fish would be spooked, and then the tides would all be confused and run sideways because the rocks are tall and the water is deep.;)

:laughs:

ThrowingTimber
06-01-2004, 04:03 PM
:mad: Its gettin me too. Sure its not the place where you need the cattle prod and the saddle? :confused:

maddog2020
06-02-2004, 11:55 AM
I only take the Allegra D when my symptoms are acting up. Since its been raining a bit the pollens been bearable. Once tablet since Sunday afternoon. :D

I was up in Rockport a few yrs back talking to an owner of a shop who had was closing. I asked if it was a PITA to dust all the stuff she had out and she told me that coast communities are were artists flock because there isn't any dust to land on your canvases. Duh .......... never knew there was little dust/pollen on the ocean communities. :P

Of course my wife wants to buy a house on the ocean for my allergies of course. ;) Ocean edge property is crazy crazy $$. :( Not to mention some places insurance companies won't give you insurance. Go figure>?!

Nebe
06-02-2004, 12:18 PM
yeah as soon as ti started raining I felt better. Then as soon as my air passages started feeling better I started hacking up bloody flem and snots...:yak: Each time I hack one up I feel better and better:D:

Maine is nice but the striper season is short:smash:

MAC
06-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Eben
So do you guys start taking them every day or just when your getting hit hard???

First off see your doctor.

I take 1 tablet everyday, rain or shine as advised by my doctor. I will stop at the end of June. This keeps the medication at an even level.

Fishpart
06-03-2004, 11:47 AM
I usually get hit with the ragweed in the fall. I have had good luck with Flonase and Rhinocort. They are inhaled steroids, one squirt in the morning and one at night in each nostril and I'm in good shape. Can't stand most of the other remidies because of the side effects---sleepy and/or hyper.........

Used to take a benadryl before bed and was at least able to make it through the day...

Iwannakeeper
06-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Alergies are one of the few I have ever tried herbal or homeopathic remedies.

Check the web/stores for a local bee hive. And eat some local honey and see if you can buy the bee pollen granuals.

I have been buying local honey and drinking tea, making salad dressing (honey and lime juice is a good salad dressing), or just eat a tablespoon of it if you like sweet stuff.

This year I found a guy that sells Bee Pollen granuals. The taste like crap by themselves, but you do not need much. I mix a little in salads or in cerel so you don't really taste it.

I am either growing out of my allergies or the local honey/pollen is working. I tried it because I had nothing to loose. It is cheap. It has no side-effects. It is natural.

As I said, up to this point it is the only herbal/homeopathic remedy I have tried. It seems successful, maybe I will try more.

mrmacey
06-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I have never had allergies but this week I have all the symptoms that you talk about eyes nose headache sinuses all congested chest feels like a bad cold do you think as you get older Im 44 that you can be more alergic to this stuff as you get older. good info

BigBo
06-10-2004, 05:13 AM
FLONASE! Get the Flonase. Works wonders without side effects.;)

missing link
06-10-2004, 06:49 PM
I suffer also when the pine pollen fly's like right friggin NOW , I stole my wife's flonaze , quote..." LINK have you seen my flonaze honey" er ah no you must have left it at work:rolleyes:
later , LINK Sr.
flonaze all in my brain lately baby things don't seem the same

Slingah
06-10-2004, 07:32 PM
hey Link...maybe you could get the Doctor to "Phil" that prescription:laughs: :laughs:

missing link
06-11-2004, 01:03 AM
his med's make you go bald look at him:laughs: later link sr:cool: