View Full Version : And you wonder why?

Bigcat
05-30-2004, 08:47 AM
People that live on the cape are not to friendly?
Yesterday I picked up a bunch of trash that was tossed on my neighbors yard ,he is in the hospital and I could not just let it sit.
This morning I picked 4 beer cans, 2 soda cans, and a broken bottle off my property,nice I have 4 grandchildren coming over I hope I found all the glass?
This morning there are at least 6 spots close to the house were Bottles and cans were tossed on to the road last night

:af:

BigFish
05-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Big Cat....don't take this the wrong way, but how do you know it was someone from "off cape"? Could be just the area kids dumping their garbage where ever they can so if they get pulled over, the cops don't find it. I get stuff like that all the time in my yard as I live on a main street!:huh: I just blame the folks who live on the other side of the bridge....I know they like to come up here and enjoy Abington before it gets all infested with tourists!;)

Its just rude people in general, does not really matter where they are from, they are just plain thoughtless and crude.:smash:

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend BC!:cool:

Bigcat
05-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Well it seems to happen from Memorial Day to Labor Day?
Kids are not buying alcohol you must be 21,that is not kids.

Karl F
05-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Bigcat
Well it seems to happen from Memorial Day to Labor Day?

Yup, it's a pattern, and a very noticeable one too... just spent the some time this AM, picking up somebody's nice roadside deposit, including there leftover food and Jr's diaper :rolleyes:

As I'm throwing the bag in the back of the truck, car with non-mass plates, going by, he mustah thought I wasn't done yet, empty kleenex box full of squashed coffee cups and wrappers, right out the window..... nice.........:af:
no, I didn't get his #.......

BigFish
05-30-2004, 10:29 AM
BigCat, you don't think minors are around, underage drinking and driving? You don't think minors can get their hands on alcohol? What town do you live in, it must be like Shangri-la there?:happy:

You "Cape Guys" slay me.....oooppssss....the damn tourists are here again, no one in our town would do such a thing!:smash: Take the blinders off and open up your minds.....it is simply "PEOPLE"....all kinds of people! People who live "On Cape" people who live "Off Cape"....just plain everyday, ordinary idiots! That is the only category you need to put them in....instead of labeling them...."tourists" or "Off Capers". I guarantee, more often than not, it was someone who lives in your own back yard. You only notice it more because "its Memorial Day Weekend"....must be the damn tourists!:buds:

MrsSFrances
05-30-2004, 10:50 AM
no matter if its tourists or locals, its just plain rude. I was mowing our lawn and we live in a lil city, guess what I found? I was so mad, lil baggies, yep drug baggies...nice huh? We have 3 lil ones I am forever picking up trash and other not so very nice things out of our yard, we moved here almost 4 years ago, it was a nice clean nieghborhood, nothing but senior folk living all around us...Since we have moved here we have had a glass bottle broke on our car, a drunk man come to our door and argue that this is his house, here it was his buddy dropped him off on the wrong block, another guy knock on our door at midnight to deliver food?? that was strange due to most of the restuarants stop delivery at 10 or 11. Just recently this week we had 5 cop cars and a patty wagon come arrest this new nieghbor across the street and tow the car away...

ITS TIME TO MOVE!!!

I am graduating from college soon and we are looking to move out of state again, hopefully back up to MA where we once lived and where very happy with our surroundings, people where nice and they minded there own...never had a problem up there....

fishaholic18
05-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bigcat

Kids are not buying alcohol you must be 21,that is not kids.

Tell that to my 18 year old.:af:

BigFish
05-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Bingo...I got Bingo....I win again!:happy:

Bigcat
05-30-2004, 06:20 PM
The local kids have so called secret spots to go and drink that are well known to everyone.
All this seasonal littering is not done by locals and not necesarily kids.
I am done with my rant,it just gets to you after a while.

BigFish
05-30-2004, 06:30 PM
:huh: I do feel your agravation BigCat, I do....but litter happens! I hate and despise it and the people who do it as much as if not more than you!:smash: I guess the most we can do is be bigger people than them and because we are....we wind up cleaning up their mess!:mad:

Funny story though....I was at a Cape rest area....the one by exit 6 w/the Burger King and the Dunkin Donuts, and this guy sitting in his pickup truck in front of me decides to simply throw his BK garbage out the window into the parking lot instead of using the barrel which was a few feet away!:af: He then proceeds to get out of his truck anyway and walk into the BK/Dunkin Donuts to get something else or use the rest room.....so while he is inside, I pick up all his trash and throw it into the bed of his pickup truck along with all of the trash I could clean out of my Jeep!:laugha: Bet he was surprised when he got home!:D

CAL
05-30-2004, 06:50 PM
I don't think people down the Cape realize how good they have it 9 months out of the year. If all you have to complain about is trash 3 months a year, get over it. In my town we have litter and beer bottles and crap thown on the lawn and in the street year round :mad:

Fire at will :rocketem:

Jimbo
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Bottom line is that litterbugs suck, no matter where they come from. I know most of the mess I see on the Bass River Bridge comes from off Cap people, however, I know a town dock not 100yards away that gets trashed by the locals all the time. Like every thread like this, you can't point fingers at just one group. Now on the "Not too friendly idea," I'd say most everyone I know that lives on the Cape is pretty friendly to me. As a matter of fact if you want to meet a really friendly one and her son, my grandmother turned 100 in January and will be up the town offices in Dennis, Tuesday to receive an award for being the oldest resident of Dennis. Oh yea, my dad doesn't complain about picking up trash around the railroad bridge on Bass River, because he almost eeks out a second income on the returnables he picks up.
Have a good weekend you guys. Don't let this stuff stress you out.

chris L
06-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I have to agree with Jimbo on this .

good for your Grams , maybe a little tax reduction would be nice . seeing she probably has payed them quite a bit over the yaers .

Backbeach Jake
06-04-2004, 07:22 PM
The idea that someone else should deal with your garbage is plain anti-social. I'd be embarrassed to see a load of garbage that I threw out the window every time I drove that road.

Jenn
06-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Hell I Dont live in a tourist area by any means but I end up with everything from a loaf of bread to a "pipe" on my lawn. If you think underage teenagers arent getting booze than you are ignorant. It happens ALL the time....and a good portion of the litter is probably from them seeing how they chuck it out the window because they dont want to get caught with it!!!!!!

beachwalker
06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
but some people just don't get it.

I was walking across the supermarket parking lot a few years back and I watched this guy (who had a deep tan) take a finishing swig off a soda and just drop the can out the window onto the parking lot. As I walked by I stepped over, picked up the can, handed it to him and said "excuse me, I think you may have dropped this". I continued to walk towards the entrance listening for a curse or the sound of the can being thrown back down or BOTH !

I heard nothing except my own anger and glee that I taught the stupid basstard something :smash: